Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

How to describe this Hyper Tough bike rack

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 07-09-21, 08:28 AM
writespeak

Bikes: touring bike (Trek), mountain bike (Rocky Mountain), commuter bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Can anyone tell me how many bikes the Hyper Tough bike rack in the photos holds and how?

Someone who lived here moved out and left a lot of stuff behind, including this bike rack. I've seen a lot of bike racks, but I've never seen one like this. It's confusing to try to figure out how it holds bikes. It looks like you can fasten one bike on either side of the V-shaped part, but one side of the V-shaped part has one fastener on each arm, and the other side has 2 or (on one arm) 3. I'm guessing that part of it is missing, but I still can't figure it out.

We're going to sell this bike rack along with the other stuff left behind, so we need to know how to describe it. Also, what is it worth? If anyone can link me to the new version of this rack, that'll give me something to work with. I'm located in the US.

Note that I am not trying to sell it here. It's heavy, so we'll be advertising it locally. I just need help figuring out how to describe it so that we can sell it.

Thanks for your help.

Old 07-09-21, 08:40 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
Maybe similar to this one?

https://www.amazon.com/LIPPERT-COMP-...a-787036703187
Likes For seypat:
Old 07-09-21, 11:32 PM
Ironfish653
Dirty Heathen

Bikes: 1997 Cannondale, 1976 Bridgestone, 1998 SoftRide, 1989 Klein, 1989 Black Lightning #0033

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked 906 Times in 534 Posts
I’ve seen a few of those around going by ‘V-Wing’ or ‘Sport Wing’
The hooks should be near the ends of the arms, and the bikes hang by the tops of their wheels. (Think about picking your bike up by the wheels only; where would you grab it?)

It holds two bikes, one ‘inside’ between the V and the car, and one on the outside
Likes For Ironfish653:
Old 07-10-21, 12:53 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,095 Times in 5,053 Posts
Looks like several pieces are missing. Don't spend a lot of time figuring how to sell it, it's not going anywhere.

Do you have a boat in need of an anchor?
Old 07-14-21, 01:02 PM
writespeak

Bikes: touring bike (Trek), mountain bike (Rocky Mountain), commuter bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by seypat
Maybe similar to this one?
It appears to be. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Ironfish653
I’ve seen a few of those around going by ‘V-Wing’ or ‘Sport Wing’
The hooks should be near the ends of the arms, and the bikes hang by the tops of their wheels. (Think about picking your bike up by the wheels only; where would you grab it?)

It holds two bikes, one ‘inside’ between the V and the car, and one on the outside
That's helpful. Thanks!

Originally Posted by livedarklions
Looks like several pieces are missing. Don't spend a lot of time figuring how to sell it, it's not going anywhere.
I noticed that on one side, one V had one more fastener than the other side, but that's all. What else did you notice was missing?

My husband saw the person who left it behind using it with a bike on it, so it can hold at least one bike.
Old 07-14-21, 01:09 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,095 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by writespeak
It appears to be. Thanks!

That's helpful. Thanks!

I noticed that on one side, one V had one more fastener than the other side, but that's all. What else did you notice was missing?

My husband saw the person who left it behind using it with a bike on it, so it can hold at least one bike.
Sorry, I looked again on my monitor and now I see the pieces. On my tablet, it looked like a few straps were missing entirely.