Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

thoughts on Eurobike XC7000?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

thoughts on Eurobike XC7000?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-21, 10:18 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
Originally Posted by motopokep
There is a market for these bikes.
There is also a market for synthetic weed, does not mean it is a good, it just means people will buy anything especially if marketed to them. You can buy just about anything these days.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 07-22-21, 10:36 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4929 Post(s)
Liked 8,062 Times in 3,811 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
Deep carbon wheels on a $500 bike! Smart shopper.
If I recall correctly, those wheels are not carbon.
Old 07-22-21, 10:38 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

...27.8 lbs,...aluminum race bike...
Old 07-22-21, 12:57 PM
Reflector Guy

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito XE, Via Nirone 7, GT Aggressor Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 1,271 Times in 588 Posts
A picture of all three bikes together would be something to see.
Old 07-22-21, 01:03 PM
zymphad

Bikes: Super Cheap gc3 approved Bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
Just imagine if it was a CF, he could lose 10 lbs. But then CF might kill him or something.
Old 07-22-21, 01:19 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
You can still buy a 30 pound road bike.

People are doing that.

And then spending more than the bike cost on minor upgrades.

What a world.
Likes For Seattle Forrest:
Old 07-22-21, 04:05 PM
DangerousDanR

Bikes: Time Scylon, Lynskey R350, Ritchey Breakaway, Ritchey Double Switchback, Lynskey Ridgeline, ICAN Fatbike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 546 Times in 306 Posts
... I got a great looking aluminum race bike....got 3 of them in fact...that me and my family can use to go on occasional rides and enjoy the scenery. no one's training for Tour De France over here, we plan to ride for leisure and some exercise. this thing looks great, rides smooth, and will serve its purposes nicely I hope for years to come.
What you have purchased is not a race bike. It is a casual road bike styled to look like a "race bike". For what you are doing that is probably what you want.
Likes For DangerousDanR:
Old 07-22-21, 05:21 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Originally Posted by DangerousDanR
What you have purchased is not a race bike. It is a casual road bike styled to look like a "race bike". For what you are doing that is probably what you want.
Be wary of shirtless guys on hybrids. They will think you want to race because of how your bike looks.
Old 07-22-21, 06:14 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3657 Post(s)
Liked 5,393 Times in 2,738 Posts
Also be careful where you leave it. There's enough aluminum in those wheels to tempt even a casual can collector/recycler.
Old 07-22-21, 10:26 PM
motopokep
Banned

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
this comment is not geared toward every member on here. There are many who read the threads I started and choose not to comment, because they either understand where I'm coming from or because they don't feel the need to troll. There are others who provide useful advice or some seem to understand my position, like DangerousDAn, looking at his last comment above. I completely agree with you, I misspoke. I did not buy a race bike. This thing wouldn't come close to even the last guy in an amateur race...neither would I at 220lb bodyweight even on a $10,000 Specialized CF bike. Yes, my goal was to bike a very good looking bike, at less the weight of my current 38lb hybrid, with an aggressive riding position, sturdy, given my bodyweight, so the aluminum construction suits me, and the race looks were important to me. I'm so busy with other stuff that I don't know if I'll ride it more than 30 miles per year.

Anyway, what I learned about the bicycle community is that many are a bunch of snobs. I traveled thousands of miles on my motorcycle in 2 countries and met many bikers and car / RV travelers and everyone was cool, down to earth, even the guys on Harleys, who sometimes snob the Japanese motorcycles, were cool with me, waived on the road, were glad to chat in parking lots, gas stations. In the real world, most people are very polite with me and refrain from being snobbish. Users like Eric F are the epitome of the bicycle snob. I don't take comments like his seriously. I roll with the fighting crowd, with guys whose cauliflower-shaped ears and the stare do the talking for them. Most of them don't ride bicycles, they have no energy left to do so. If you'll see a guy like that on a Eurobike (another one at my gym just got one), I guarantee you ain't gonna talk smack to him about his bicycle, or you'll be embedded into yours like a pretzel. I could care less if some tooth-pick shaped snobby bicyclist talks to me from his high horse, because I know that at the end of the day, if I met him in the street on my XC7000 and asked him in person, eye to eye, what he thinks about my cheap Chinese race-bike knockoff, he'll provide a completely different response than on here, because his health and safety are his concern I guess that's the beauty of the Internet, free speech, anyone can say anything and everything to each other....that's the way it should be, probably. but that also means that a person is two-faced. you'll be all brave and giggly behind a keyboard, but you'll keep your mouth shut in a dark alley

Last edited by motopokep; 07-22-21 at 10:53 PM.
Likes For motopokep:
Old 07-22-21, 11:42 PM
motopokep
Banned

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
awhile back for a moment, I thought there was something wrong with me that was causing "good common folks" to act snobbish toward me. I've never encountered this kind of attitude, maybe a little in middle school and high school, about my no-brand clothes and not being part of the popular in-crowd. after a quick Google search on "snobbish bicyclists" turns out I ended up in the center of the snob-pit. The road bike and now the mountain bike communities are known for the snobbish elitist behavior, obsessing with their equipment, their spandex tights, their water bottle, goggles. spending their lives trying to build the perfect bicycle and finding the perfect position of every component on the bike...hence the plethora of youtube videos... a few mm's off in the seat or handlebar position, and you're running to the doctor for peroneal tendonitis. Other communities I can think of that are similar are golf players, Anglo-Saxon cigar and bourbon clubs, tennis players, paint artists, some musicians, high-end car owners, ivy league students and graduates, the British, the Russians, and upper-level American jewish and anglo-saxon kids.

what matters is not who rides what bike, but that I know I can make 99.9% of you unconscious in under 10 seconds, but before that, I can make you beg for mercy after I dislocate joint after joint in your body with bare hands. i have no plans to do that of course and that would never come into play, because if I met any average road bicyclist (I see many in my area daily), he would keep his mouth shut because he likes his pretty white teeth and his posh bicycle in one piece.

what also matters is that I know I can buy the most expensive road bike out there that there is, I can buy a pro-level bike and not go broke...I can buy a brand new Ferrari tomorrow if I want (if one's available)...but I'm smart with my money.

Deleting my account now. **** you
Likes For motopokep:
Old 07-23-21, 05:32 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4387 Post(s)
Liked 4,828 Times in 2,984 Posts
Well if that bike lives up to your own expectations and makes you happy then it’s all good.

But are you not even a tiny little bit curious about how a decent road bike would ride in comparison to this? I’m not talking about a $10k S-Works here. Something around the $2-3k level with 105 or mechanical Ultegra would provide a good benchmark for performance. Then you can decide if $500 for your bike really is a good deal or not.
Old 07-23-21, 06:08 AM
rivers

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Well if that bike lives up to your own expectations and makes you happy then it’s all good.

But are you not even a tiny little bit curious about how a decent road bike would ride in comparison to this? I’m not talking about a $10k S-Works here. Something around the $2-3k level with 105 or mechanical Ultegra would provide a good benchmark for performance. Then you can decide if $500 for your bike really is a good deal or not.
It's not worth it. He had his mind set on this particular bike, and absolutely nothing was going to change it. I suggested he look into used bikes as they are better value for money for his budget, but he just rebutted the suggestion. He will soon find he wasted $1500 on 3 of these is my guess.
Old 07-23-21, 06:38 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4387 Post(s)
Liked 4,828 Times in 2,984 Posts
Originally Posted by rivers
It's not worth it. He had his mind set on this particular bike, and absolutely nothing was going to change it. I suggested he look into used bikes as they are better value for money for his budget, but he just rebutted the suggestion. He will soon find he wasted $1500 on 3 of these is my guess.
I agree. Although if he only rides them a couple of times before getting bored (which is often what happens with these purchases) then he might never be any the wiser. This thread is really more useful for other novice riders to take note of, rather than the OP, who clearly doesn't do listening to good advice.
Old 07-23-21, 06:42 AM
Reflector Guy

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito XE, Via Nirone 7, GT Aggressor Pro

Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 1,271 Times in 588 Posts
Look out guys! There's a new sheriff in town and he'll bring the fisticuffs if you say anything unbecoming about him or his bike! Best not to be riding down any dark alleys.
Likes For Reflector Guy:
Old 07-23-21, 06:43 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,568 Times in 3,766 Posts
This thread is done.

Closed.