Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

The Benefits Of Cycling

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

The Benefits Of Cycling

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-22, 02:33 AM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Smile The Benefits Of Cycling

Cycling is a very good sport. Riding an e-bike on a regular basis has many health benefits that help keep you healthy.

1. Build muscle. Riding an e-bike involves the use of all muscles from the arms to the feet. It strengthens the muscles and strengthens the muscles of the legs and back as well as the shoulders.

2. Helps to lose weight. When riding an e-bike, the weight loss effect depends on the riding time and the difficulty of the terrain. Riding time, terrain difficulty and calories burned are directly proportional.

3. Can reduce stress. Riding an e-bike can have a positive effect on mood and reduce stress by enjoying the changing landscape during the ride.

4. Helps to improve sleep. Riding a bike every day promotes good health and leads to a good night's sleep. This is especially useful for insomnia and sedentary people.
Old 01-14-22, 05:05 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3672 Post(s)
Liked 5,427 Times in 2,757 Posts
Hello. I would like to enjoy better sleep. What e-bike will help me sleep better? Most importantly, where can I buy it?
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 01-14-22, 05:59 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 555 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
Hello. I would like to enjoy better sleep. What e-bike will help me sleep better? Most importantly, where can I buy it?
my e bike does well at helping me sleep as long as I don't ride too late. but its not for sale. 30+ miles a day will do that to you.
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 01-15-22, 10:57 AM
kahn

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked 690 Times in 396 Posts
Come on, that little motor purring next to you in bed is sure to help you sleep better!
Likes For kahn:
Old 01-15-22, 02:16 PM
CycloneZ

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've been thinking of getting an electric bike ( I work as a bicycle courier on a part time basis) and sometimes you get those customers that live on the top of a hill. yikes!

it's just that with crime rate in my local area, I'm not too confident of investing that much for a side gig
Old 01-15-22, 07:21 PM
Digger Goreman
Quidam Bike Super Hero

Bikes: 1995 Trek 800 Sport, aka, "CamelTrek"

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by AOSTIRMOTOR
Cycling is a very good sport. Riding an e-bike on a regular basis has many health benefits that help keep you healthy.
As with any tool, your mileage will vary with use. Are you using the "e-bike" as a bicycle with motor assist to overcome a handicap, or temporary disability? Or is it a "motor"-cycle that strokes your ego into a false sense of accomplishment?

1. Build muscle. Riding an e-bike involves the use of all muscles from the arms to the feet. It strengthens the muscles and strengthens the muscles of the legs and back as well as the shoulders.
See my comment above. If YOU are the motor, absolutely; if you are using the motor... then you are just stroking along.

2. Helps to lose weight. When riding an e-bike, the weight loss effect depends on the riding time and the difficulty of the terrain. Riding time, terrain difficulty and calories burned are directly proportional.
Ditto, the above comments.

3. Can reduce stress. Riding an e-bike can have a positive effect on mood and reduce stress by enjoying the changing landscape during the ride.
Definitely, depending on speed, use and attitude. Mostly attitude. As exercise (if you are not using the motor), or just soaking up rays, there are benefits. Slow enjoyment of the scenery can surely elevate your mood. Using it as a motorcycle.... Can be more stressful.

4. Helps to improve sleep. Riding a bike every day promotes good health and leads to a good night's sleep. This is especially useful for insomnia and sedentary people.
Used appropriately, with a beneficial diet and mental hygiene, bien sur you will have every chance to enjoy a good night's sleep.

fify.
Old 01-16-22, 09:05 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Thank you for your reply. If you want to improve sleep, you can ride more and exercise more. It doesn't matter what kind of car you ride.
Old 01-16-22, 09:07 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
my e bike does well at helping me sleep as long as I don't ride too late. but its not for sale. 30+ miles a day will do that to you.
Thank you very much for your reply.
Old 01-16-22, 09:08 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Originally Posted by kahn
Come on, that little motor purring next to you in bed is sure to help you sleep better!
Thank you very much for your reply. This is a good choice.
Old 01-16-22, 09:14 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Originally Posted by CycloneZ
I've been thinking of getting an electric bike ( I work as a bicycle courier on a part time basis) and sometimes you get those customers that live on the top of a hill. yikes!

it's just that with crime rate in my local area, I'm not too confident of investing that much for a side gig
thank you for your reply. This is a good choice. Maybe you can try it on the premise of strengthening the lock.
Old 01-16-22, 09:16 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Originally Posted by Digger Goreman
As with any tool, your mileage will vary with use. Are you using the "e-bike" as a bicycle with motor assist to overcome a handicap, or temporary disability? Or is it a "motor"-cycle that strokes your ego into a false sense of accomplishment?

See my comment above. If YOU are the motor, absolutely; if you are using the motor... then you are just stroking along.

Ditto, the above comments.

Definitely, depending on speed, use and attitude. Mostly attitude. As exercise (if you are not using the motor), or just soaking up rays, there are benefits. Slow enjoyment of the scenery can surely elevate your mood. Using it as a motorcycle.... Can be more stressful.

Used appropriately, with a beneficial diet and mental hygiene, bien sur you will have every chance to enjoy a good night's sleep.

fify.
thank you for your reply.