Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

"Right of first refusal" sale - Peugeot Mixte

Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Old 06-08-16, 09:36 AM
echo victor 
bicyclatte!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi all,

Over the past few years, I've gotten pretty good deals on several vintage bikes... actually more of them than I probably should have. So I find myself with too many bikes to ride (or even manage), and I'm going to pass a few along to new owners, ideally folks who will appreciate these classics and give them the attention they deserve. That's why I'm doing this as a "Right of first refusal" sale (not actually by contract ) - I'm going to offer these bikes here on BF before putting them on craigslist or anywhere else, because I think the folks here are most likely to appreciate them.

I'm not interested in making much profit off these, so in most cases I'll be asking for what I paid plus any shipping costs involved. If you happen to live in Southern California, then we can work it out without worrying about shipping.

First up is this beautiful Peugeot Mixte (UE18, but could be UE18). The frame is in wonderful shape - the photos are representative of the paint condition all over. I believe everything is original, down to that great pump. I may even be able to find the original pedals if they're important to you. It does probably need re-greasing of bearings, etc.

Best part? I'm asking my cost of $80 plus shipping.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCF2776_1.jpg (104.2 KB, 120 views)
DSCF2770.JPG (67.1 KB, 91 views)
DSCF2769.jpg (95.3 KB, 91 views)
DSCF2771.JPG (79.3 KB, 88 views)
DSCF2772.jpg (93.6 KB, 87 views)
DSCF2773.jpg (97.4 KB, 85 views)
DSCF2774.JPG (84.9 KB, 78 views)
DSCF2775.JPG (70.6 KB, 76 views)
Old 06-11-16, 12:21 AM
whatwolf
Unimatrix Zero

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I might be interested in this for my mom, she's local to you. Let me check in with her.

Edit: she's not into it. oh well! Good luck with sale.

Last edited by whatwolf; 06-11-16 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-11-16, 08:48 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 420 Posts
I'd give you $20 shipped for the Ventolux pump

Need a better one for a near-twin I rebuilt for my wife. Yours is in way better shape than I found hers though.
Old 06-13-16, 10:51 AM
echo victor 
bicyclatte!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi - sorry, I've been offline most of the weekend.

Originally Posted by whatwolf
I might be interested in this for my mom, she's local to you. Let me check in with her.

Edit: she's not into it. oh well! Good luck with sale.
Thanks for checking on that. Did your mom say what she would be into? I (or my girlfriend) might have something else that could work for her.

Originally Posted by francophile
I'd give you $20 shipped for the Ventolux pump

Need a better one for a near-twin I rebuilt for my wife. Yours is in way better shape than I found hers though.
Yeah, isn't the pump sweet? Looks like it's never been used. For now I'm still hoping to keep the whole bike (and pump) together, since it's so original. But if I find myself needing to part it out just to move it, I'll keep you in mind for the pump.
Old 06-13-16, 03:22 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 420 Posts
Originally Posted by echo victor
Yeah, isn't the pump sweet? Looks like it's never been used. For now I'm still hoping to keep the whole bike (and pump) together, since it's so original. But if I find myself needing to part it out just to move it, I'll keep you in mind for the pump.
It is sweet. Pro tip: Sounds crazy, but dry-erase markers work great for restoring the colors. The blue barely fades but that red oxidizes hard and turns pink. 10-15 minute spaced apart treatments with a fresh red marker will bring back the red to what it was and seems to stay intact pretty darn well. It's the leather washers inside that are damn tough to find a replacement for!

I have a whole bag full of different colored 6" pump extensions I need to do something with soon.
Old 06-13-16, 04:10 PM
echo victor 
bicyclatte!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Interesting idea with the dry-erase markers. I may try that if I end up having this bike hang around for a while.

I'm surprised the leather washers should be so difficult to get. I know there are companies that sell them for other purposes, and those might be modifiable to fit the pump. Otherwise, there are definitely people around here doing custom leather work, and one of them should be able to fabricate something with the right dimensions.