Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

Custom Bendix hub 2-speed fixie wheel (700c) with shifter

Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Old 06-18-21, 05:31 PM
montclairbobbyb 
Recovering Bikeaholic

Bikes: 84 Specialized Expedtion, 85 StumpJumper, 85 Schwinn Cimarron, 2019 VO Polyvalent, 2007 Niner MCR, 2008 Niner SIR

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 47 Posts

Custom built Bendix 2-speed coaster hub from the 50s/60s (36h, coaster brake removed, professionally welded) that is a bonafide 2-speed fixie hub, operated by thumb shifter. I laced it to a700c Alex DM18 rim, and had installed on my Rivendell SimpleOne... While not a lightweight hub, these old Bendix hubs were built to last, and the extra gear helps with hills. It has been a total blast to ride, but I am selling the Rivendell with its original setup and I have no bike for this wheel. $100; prefer pickup but will ship in US (buyer pays shipping, should cost around $30)

Suntour friction thumb shifter, cable with knuckle (attaches to hub)

Please contact me (Bobby) offline at MontclairBobbyB@gmail.com
Old 06-20-21, 07:31 AM
Swampthing 
Old and rusty

Bikes: 1983 Lotus, 1989 Haro Escape, Quax muni, KHS?, Nishiki Olympic 12

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 110 Times in 63 Posts
That’s cool.
What are the gears?
something like 75% and 100%
I assume it takes coaster brake cogs ?
Old 06-20-21, 07:47 PM
montclairbobbyb 
Recovering Bikeaholic

Bikes: 84 Specialized Expedtion, 85 StumpJumper, 85 Schwinn Cimarron, 2019 VO Polyvalent, 2007 Niner MCR, 2008 Niner SIR

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 47 Posts
As I recall, something close to that, maybe even less (like 70%) for "climbing"... Sorry I never took the time to measure the difference, but the 100% for cruising was perfect, and the lower gear gave me courage to at least attempt certain hills.

And yes, this is technically a coaster hub (modified), so I gather it would take coaster cogs. I can get you a closeup photo if you like.

Fun wheel, really enjoyed it on my Rivendell SimpleOne for a bit. Bendix made some strong hubs.