Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Norco XFR 1 vs Polygon Heist X5?

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-22, 08:39 AM
havok44

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So I've narrowed my search down to these 2 and cant decide

They are on sale for the same money

Purpose: commuting to work, city roads/paths

Recommendation?

99spokes.com/en-AU/compare?bikes=norco-xfr-1-2021%2Cpolygon-heist-x5-2022
Old 11-03-22, 01:19 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
Link assist

There really isn't much in the specifications that lend to a positive recommendation of one vs. the other. Pictures are hard to interpret, but it looks like they might have slightly different front end geometries (the XFR looks a little slacker than the Heist). This may impact how the bike rides and feels to you. The XFR has a trail in the 90mm range, whereas the Heist is in the 60mm range...those two bikes will likely feel differently on a ride, and there's no right or wrong "number" for trail -- but different people will favor higher or lower...and only you can say what feels best to you.

I presume you're planning to buy one of these online and have it shipped to your house. However, if you have an opportunity to ride one of them (at a local bike shop) that will help, as you'll get a feel for the bike and if you think it'll fit well out of the box. Proper frame sizing and proper fit-and-feel are more important than the bolt-on components. Anything that bolts on can be changed or upgraded over time, but the fundamental frame and geometry is pretty much fixed. You can influence that a little bit if you replace the fork, but then you're getting into an area where you probably should have bought a different style bike to start with.