Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Trolls

Old 04-24-20, 07:35 PM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 924 Times in 610 Posts
It doesn't work that way. You may use the ignore feature. If you feel other posts violate posting rules, please use the "Report" button.

FYI: https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html
Likes For Homebrew01:
Old 04-24-20, 08:26 PM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Homebrew01
It doesn't work that way. You may use the ignore feature. If you feel other posts violate posting rules, please use the "Report" button.
We shall see about that.
Old 04-24-20, 08:33 PM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 924 Times in 610 Posts
Originally Posted by mjac
We shall see about that.
See about what ?

Here's some reading for everyone

https://www.internetbrands.com/ibterms/

FYI: https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html
Old 04-25-20, 02:42 AM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2424 Post(s)
Liked 1,392 Times in 891 Posts
Most everyone knows that they can message me personally, for I am the lead admin here.

That being said, I'd like to remind everyone that once they start or post a thread here, it is not "owned" by the one starting it. This forum is open to all. If you feel harassment by a certain member, as said earlier, click the red report button. That will lead you to a window where you can express your concerns. I'm sure you know that by now but it's good for others to know as well.

Another thing that is good to know, is that we do respect privacy. A person who has not followed the guildelines does indeed become considered for infractions. It starts out usually a private message to inform someone that they went against the guidelines. If they continue, they get a yellow infraction, which is a formal warning. If they still continue, they get a red infraction. THREE of those will lead to a one week ban.

So you see, it's really hard to get banned. One really has to be defiant . We give that many chances in case someone REALLY does not understand that what they are doing is against policy.

ALSO: We never discussing infractions or banning outside of the moderation team and the member getting infracted.

So it may appear that the team is "doing nothing" or allowing it to continue but that may not be the case.

Just as how we don't discuss what infractions you may have.

It's respect.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Likes For Siu Blue Wind:
Old 05-04-20, 03:46 PM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 2597 Post(s)
Liked 1,678 Times in 926 Posts
Originally Posted by mjac
We shall see about that.
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
I'd like to remind everyone that once they start or post a thread here, it is not "owned" by the one starting it. This forum is open to all..
I think the OP, despite having an account for almost 2 years and having nearly 1000 posts here, may not have an idea of how forums work. There's a difference between being bullied and feeling entitled to have your own way.

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.