Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Used Co-Op DRT 1.3 value

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Used Co-Op DRT 1.3 value

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-21, 09:53 AM
Miradaman

Bikes: 1987 Schwinn Mirada, 1989 Trek 420, 1995 GT Timberline, 1979 Schwinn Super Le Tour, Co-Op DRT 1.3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 49 Posts
Used Co-Op DRT 1.3 value

Hey folks
A guy near me is selling a Co-Op DRT 1.3 for $700. Looks lightly used, probably for the street as no scuffs on frame or fork. Its covered with dust so I'm thinking it didn't get much use at all. Guy wants $700. Worth it? I've linked the specs below. Thanks as always for everyone's advice.

https://www.rei.com/product/106334/c...es-drt-13-bike
Old 10-30-21, 04:41 PM
Miradaman

Bikes: 1987 Schwinn Mirada, 1989 Trek 420, 1995 GT Timberline, 1979 Schwinn Super Le Tour, Co-Op DRT 1.3

Went to look at it today. Guy was the original owner and had all the paperwork. Only a couple years old, original price was $1099, but he got it for $979. He only rode it on the street, never off road, and it shows — not a single scratch or scuff on frame, fork or pedals. Got him down to $600. Seems worth it to me. Air shock with lockout up front, hydraulic brakes, I don't mind a 2x, and this one has an extended gear range over the 2xs I ridden before so the gearing goes even lower for climbing. Rear brake is not as responsive as I would like but I'll figure out how to dial it in. I'm picking it up tonight.
Old 10-31-21, 03:58 AM
MAK

Bikes: Yes, I have bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 65 Posts
I have a DRT 2.1. The frames are likely the same and the differences are in the components. My bike is sturdy and feels solid. I enjoy it and have no regrets. I can't tell you whether the $600 price is good or bad but my guess is that in today's used bike market, it's not too far out of reason, if at all, particularly if the bike is lightly used as you described. If it fits you, you'll enjoy it and it will hold up well.
Old 10-31-21, 02:58 PM
Miradaman

Originally Posted by MAK
I have a DRT 2.1. The frames are likely the same and the differences are in the components. My bike is sturdy and feels solid. I enjoy it and have no regrets. I can't tell you whether the $600 price is good or bad but my guess is that in today's used bike market, it's not too far out of reason, if at all, particularly if the bike is lightly used as you described. If it fits you, you'll enjoy it and it will hold up well.
Yeah, I've rented DRT bikes from REI out in Colorado a couple of times and they seemed like perfectly fine bikes to me. I've been wanting a newer budget hardtail for awhile and I almost pulled the trigger on a new Giant Talon 2 last month, which would have been $150 more than this bike and with lower end components. Glad I waited. This DRT is a 2018 model with the specs I linked above, so for $600 I'm pretty happy with the deal. The owner had REI mount a Cateye speedometer/odometer when he bought it and it only shows 6 miles. He might have reset it at some point, but if not it's still basically a brand new bike...
Old 10-31-21, 06:19 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,024 Times in 723 Posts
Seems like a reasonable price to me for the spec. Low mileage its worth it. Not the greatest bargain but a deal for both parties.
Old 11-01-21, 10:58 AM
Miradaman

Originally Posted by Russ Roth
Seems like a reasonable price to me for the spec. Low mileage its worth it. Not the greatest bargain but a deal for both parties.
Yep, used bikes are still going for a lot in my area. Frankly, I felt a bit guilty only giving him $600 for a barely used bike that cost him $979 three years ago...I think I got the much better end of the deal...