Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Paul Klamper v Magura MT5

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-21, 01:56 PM
Germany_chris
I’m a little Surly

Bikes: Two Cross Checks, a Karate Monkey, a Disc Trucker, and a VO Randonneur

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 1,294 Times in 647 Posts

This is really a bike nerd question...

Would you choose Paul Klampers over Magura MT5's, my MT5's are awesome but they don't have the mechanical brake feel of my Mini Motos or my Moto or Moto Lights but they are STRONG. I've watched all the YouTube videos which heap nothing but praise on them but I really want the no chit DL on them.
Old 09-22-21, 05:09 PM
wesmamyke

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 76 Posts
Not to sound negative, but I don't think I'd choose either. The Paul brakes are hilariously overpriced for a mechanical brake, and the Magura is almost entry level with a plastic master cylinder.

I really like the Tektro Aquila brakes if you can find them. Very chunky mechanical brakes, and takes the almost standard at this point Shimano pads.
Old 09-22-21, 09:58 PM
Rick

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked 396 Times in 274 Posts
Not to sound negative, but I don't think I'd choose either. The Paul brakes are hilariously overpriced for a mechanical brake, and the Magura is almost entry level with a plastic master cylinder.
I have a set of TRP Spyres, A set of TRP Spykes and a set of TRP HY/RD brakes that did not please me in my tool box. The Paul Klampers are a better brake. I have frame couplers so have stuck with mechanical disk brakes. If I didn't have frame couplers I would use hydraulic disk brakes.