Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from St Cloud MN

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from St Cloud MN

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-10, 12:46 PM
Harvey2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hello from St Cloud MN

I'm a casual rider. Have a Giant OCR3, Giant Boulder (that name still cracks me up) and just bought a GT Aerostream.

Harv
Old 01-24-10, 12:49 PM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
Welcome Harv to Bike Forums.
The bicycle world has some interesting language.
How do you like the GT Aerostream?

Old 01-24-10, 01:18 PM
Harvey2

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hi and thank you for the welcome!

I haven't yet got the GT Aerostream. Just ordered it through REI's wibsite the other day. Should be at the store in about a week. Really looking forward to it.

The reasons that brought me to the bike were my incessant interest in the old three speeds. Problem is, I'm entirely too short for most frames and the old sturmey's seem to always be attached to mid or larger framed machines.

You know how it goes; when you're not looking for something it's always in front of what you are trying to find. I had given away my Free Spirit. I sold my Univega when I bought the Giant OCR3. Since then numerous frames and bikes have crossed my path. Only I wasn't looking for them! Now that I would like to find one, they vanish. Unobtainium.

I started the hunt for new machines. Everything I saw locally looked promising but lacked one key component or another in my list of criteria. If it wasn't one thing it was another. Then I read some threads here about on line bike dealers. REI came up. I went through their site and found the GT which was a brand not even on my radar at the time. So here I am, waiting for another long Minnesota winter to tire itself out so that I can ride with my family.

Harv
Old 01-24-10, 01:20 PM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
It looks like a neat bike to ride with the kids.

Old 01-24-10, 01:26 PM
Harvey2

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hi 10 Wheels,

It does, doesn't it?

For ambling along in the neighborhood or checking out state parks and those crushed gravel/tar-paved train track beds, this thing seems like a nice relaxed pace bike.

Harv
Old 01-25-10, 05:20 AM
sherrymathew93

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Les raisons qui m'ont amené à la moto ont été mon intérêt incessantes dans les trois anciennes vitesses. Le problème est, je suis vraiment trop courte pour la plupart des cadres et de la Sturmey vieux semblent toujours être attachées à la mi-machines ou plus encadrée.

Vous savez comment ça se passe, quand vous êtes à la recherche non pas pour quelque chose, c'est toujours au devant de ce que vous essayez de trouver. J'avais donné ma Free Spirit. J'ai vendu mon Univega quand j'ai acheté la OCR3 Giant. Depuis, de nombreux cadres et vélos ont croisé mon chemin. Seulement, je ne cherchais pas pour eux! Maintenant que je tiens à en trouver un, ils disparaissent
------------------------------------------------------------------
lpi bootcamp eccouncil braindumps redhat exams
Old 01-25-10, 11:54 AM
JasonE

Bikes: Diamondback Edgewood '09

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome Harv!

St. Cloud is my home town. I rode its streets and what not as a teenager.

JasonE
Old 02-01-10, 06:38 AM
Harvey2

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hi Sherrymathew93, I don't speak French. Not really fluent in babelfish either lol.

JasonE wow that's pretty neat. My dad's side of the family is on the south side of Chicago but I grew up in Milwaukee. Now Milwaukee had some nice riding. Least I thought so haha.

St Cloud isn't awful but its not getting better as it grows. Although they opened up what I learned (here) is called a MUP? The Lake Wobegon trail. From St Joseph up to Sauk Center orginally, it now apparently runs to Fergus Falls. There's even a stretch that runs by Bowlus in Morrison county, making the total mup trail something like 150 miles. Damned impressive if you ask me. I'm reading a lot of states are creating such trails. Great stuff.

Harv