Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Cycling.TV IN 2016 Reviews

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-16, 06:32 AM
garysol1 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

Its killing me not to be able to watch the classics on US Tv. Is anyone using the online streaming service Cycling.TV? I know in the past they have had issues but I have not seen any real reviews recently.
Old 03-24-16, 06:46 AM
novemberhotel

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I use a VPN service so I can subscribe to Eurosport. The cycling coverage and especially the commentators on Eurosport are a lot better than NBCSN.
Old 03-24-16, 07:10 AM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by novemberhotel
I use a VPN service so I can subscribe to Eurosport. The cycling coverage and especially the commentators on Eurosport are a lot better than NBCSN.
The UK Eurosport coverage has gone down hill over the years. a handful of years ago it was ad and interruption free. Nowadays, the bigger the name of race, the more they load it up with useless filler and don't actually show the race.

Milan-San Remo for example. They wasted over an hour of live TV air time in a fake ugly looking CGI hanger airing canned rider and DS interviews saying "the race is hard" and "I might have form". After that got old they inserted random infotainment piece in the broadcast about past winner-because this random guy who won MSR 100 year ago must be more interesting than the actual race. And when I say "an hour of lie TV" I mean it-other foreign sportcasting channels were showing actual live racing from the live race.

I'm about to kill my Eurosport subscription. They're almost as bad as NBCSN at this point in not covering the race on ASO events especially. Smaller races they're still decent.
Old 03-24-16, 05:05 PM
baj32161
Behind EVERYone!!!

Bikes: 2010 Specialized Tricross Comp 105 Double

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 29 Posts
I live stream on www.steephill.tv]steephill.tv. It seems to always work and there are usually multiple feeds. It has never given me any issues. In fact, I watched MSR last Saturday live.

I used to subscribe to Cycling.TV and I had to give it up due to the technical issues. I do occasionally watch race highlights if I can't catch them on YouTube.

Cheers,

Brian J.

― Bruce Lee
Old 03-24-16, 05:28 PM
dcsix

Bikes: 2011 Specialized Roubaix Comp SRAM Rival, 2008 LeMond Victoire Dura Ace, 1994 Santana Sovereign Tandem, 1986 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Shimano Deore, 1975 Raleigh Super Course Mark II

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I watched the Dwors Door Vlaanderen last night on cyclingtv, absolute heaven. I dipped my toe in the water and paid for a three month subscription, have watched a fair amount of new, current racing. Also watching the Volta Catalunya there, and the E3 Harelbeke race is up tomorrow. I'm fixin to cut the cable, and I'll buy the TdF package from NBCsn.

Some things they have only a recap or highlights for, some are full races. Some things they don't have, like TdF and the Vuelta. But hey, it's racing and a good amount of it for a decent price. The stream works fine for me.
Old 03-24-16, 05:42 PM
garysol1 

Originally Posted by dcsix
I watched the Dwors Door Vlaanderen last night on cyclingtv, absolute heaven. I dipped my toe in the water and paid for a three month subscription, have watched a fair amount of new, current racing. Also watching the Volta Catalunya there, and the E3 Harelbeke race is up tomorrow. I'm fixin to cut the cable, and I'll buy the TdF package from NBCsn.

Some things they have only a recap or highlights for, some are full races. Some things they don't have, like TdF and the Vuelta. But hey, it's racing and a good amount of it for a decent price. The stream works fine for me.

Awesome...... Thank you for the review.
Old 03-24-16, 05:53 PM
garysol1 

Originally Posted by baj32161
I live stream on www.steephill.tv]steephill.tv. It seems to always work and there are usually multiple feeds. It has never given me any issues. In fact, I watched MSR last Saturday live.

I used to subscribe to Cycling.TV and I had to give it up due to the technical issues. I do occasionally watch race highlights if I can't catch them on YouTube.

Cheers,

Brian J.

Thanks Brian. I guess I have some more homework to do....
Old 03-24-16, 07:04 PM
cycledogg

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by baj32161

Cheers,

Brian J.
1 up on this. I watch most of cycling on steephill. And you can get the whole race rerun from that day stage.
Old 04-19-16, 05:17 PM
IH8myTrek

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by novemberhotel
Hey novemberhotel,

I use a VPN service to tunnel into Eurosport (bought a monthly subscription) on my PC. It's been an exercise in frustration and hasn't worked. Eurosport's email response was something like, "we can't guarantee VPN service from over seas." Have you had any problems or have any suggestions?
Old 04-19-16, 10:55 PM
CafeVelo

Bikes: S-Works Tarmac, Nashbar CX, Trek 2200 trainer bike, Salsa Casseroll commuter, old school FS MTB

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
We have a cycling.tv account at the shop, it's been great. Sure beats watching a questionable stream or trying to see what's happening when the coverage is exclusively in Dutch.
Old 04-20-16, 05:35 AM
generalkdi

Bikes: Argon18 Gallium 2016, Trek Emonda SL6 Pro 2018, Salsa Beargrease

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I use Cyclinghub.tv which streams on youtube so I can watch on my job.
Old 04-20-16, 05:49 AM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,620 Times in 2,123 Posts
The new cycling tv app is great. HD and easier to use.

If you have a cable provider with NBC Sports, you can download their app or go to their online channel a see some races live that aren't on tv. For example, Flèche Wallone comes on live shortly this morning.

Other than that, I use Chrome with Hola to watch Eurosport.

Old 02-22-17, 07:23 PM
Athens80

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Cycling.tv says they have
THE BEST ENGLISH COMMENTARY IN THE BUSINESS.
Whose feeds do they actually show -- is this Eurosport, some other major service, or something unique to cycling.tv?