Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

How many grams of protein do I need to eat on protein only diet?

Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

How many grams of protein do I need to eat on protein only diet?

Old 07-15-22, 11:25 AM
Charlie Ky
Otis Fan

Bikes: Specialized Roll 2.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
...If you burn 1000 calories how much protein do I need to eat to replace it? I did not know about 20% of the calories from protein are lost to digesting and this maybe throwing me off.
This will give you an idea of minimum and maximum protein limits.
https://www.calculator.net/protein-calculator.html
Unless you are confident in doing your own research you should talk to a doctor and/or nutritionist.

Red meat is bad, especially a lot of it.

https://youtu.be/xRkRilP1OTU

Last edited by Charlie Ky; 07-15-22 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-15-22, 11:56 AM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 654 Times in 498 Posts
fairly sensitive. I can eat a bit but I don't now if it is the fat or the carbs in the nuts. I can tolerate a bit more carbs from nuts then any other source. I like have small almond flour pancakes a few times a week I used to have the almond pasta but it just too carby for a small serving. my treat is a justins nut butter cup not too much sugar and lots of flavor. I use butter for my eggs and pork fat to lube the pan. but I cant handle really fatty meat unless it is crispy like pork belly. But I would have to eat so much pork belly as there is a lot of calories but not a lot of protein in it. like if I cooked a pound of it its more calories then a pound of lean hamburger but less then 1/2 the protein and I would end up hungry in the middle of the night. I had to start having some protein powder after I ate it. This is why it seems protein gives me more fuel then fat.
but even the way the protein is made or cooked makes a difference. I can eat any meat but if it is cooked in water it will bother me. I would make a stew out of the veggies I could handle and it would piss my body off. finally found out it was the meat cooked in water. I seemed fine with the egg white powder (I used the one with nothing else added) but after almost 5 pounds of it over the months my esophagus was screaming and I finally had to stop drinking it. as long as I don't have it every day it should be fine. but why? it is just egg whites. But this is the kind of wack I have to deal with and leaves doctors baffled.
the whole thing is jsut trail and error but I am sick of the effects I have when it fails as it most of the time does. this time it only took 4 days to start feeling better after stopping the egg whites.
I'm surprised you are not using whitefish, canned tuna packed in water and salmon as protein sources. All are pretty high, and boned Atlantic salmon is between $9 and $11 per pound at Whole Foods and at Costco, for an estimate of reasonable prices. Really lean ground beef is in the same ballpark here in Ann Arbor, and both are much leaner than $5 ground beef, at about 30% fat.

I don't have a carb problem, so I put reheated grilled whitefish or salmon over microwaved white rice with whatever else. Likewise, some canned with veg, chickpeas, olives and feta are also real nice. A 5-guys burger is a great occasional treat, but need not be a staple.

Bottom line: consider fish!

Also, Consumer Reports is reporting that ground chicken from many national sources has considerable bacteria which can themselves be harmful: E. coli and other bonafide nasties!
Likes For Road Fan:
Old 07-15-22, 05:30 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked 945 Times in 552 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
I'm surprised you are not using whitefish, canned tuna packed in water and salmon as protein sources. All are pretty high, and boned Atlantic salmon is between $9 and $11 per pound at Whole Foods and at Costco, for an estimate of reasonable prices. Really lean ground beef is in the same ballpark here in Ann Arbor, and both are much leaner than $5 ground beef, at about 30% fat.

I don't have a carb problem, so I put reheated grilled whitefish or salmon over microwaved white rice with whatever else. Likewise, some canned with veg, chickpeas, olives and feta are also real nice. A 5-guys burger is a great occasional treat, but need not be a staple.

Bottom line: consider fish!

Also, Consumer Reports is reporting that ground chicken from many national sources has considerable bacteria which can themselves be harmful: E. coli and other bonafide nasties!
I don't mind fish but I don't want it plain. I cant eat mayo or lemon or most sessions so it would have to be plain. tuna is dry without mayo I have a little smoked salmon now and again but it has a lot of sugar in it. I love sushi but its not a option anymore. I only buy higher quality meats usually grown pretty locally I cant stat cheap meats. I get it sometimes in stirfry at a Chinese place. the problem is this ha made me so picky because of the limitations that I have gotten stuck in ruts and cant really change.
Old 07-15-22, 05:35 PM
fooferdoggie 

Originally Posted by Charlie Ky
This will give you an idea of minimum and maximum protein limits.
https://www.calculator.net/protein-calculator.html
Unless you are confident in doing your own research you should talk to a doctor and/or nutritionist.

Red meat is bad, especially a lot of it.

https://youtu.be/xRkRilP1OTU
see this is good info. I bet I am not even close to the max on the recommendations. American Dietetic Association (ADA): at least 95 - 171 grams/day.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): 75 - 262 grams/day (10-35% of daily caloric intake).
though calorie wise I am higher.
I wil lie taling to my nutritionist again in September last time I talked to her 4 years ago she kept wanting me to try wild rice and such.
bu then I was eating popcorn once a week. Now no way can I ever eat cabs in any real amounts. but I always got the feeling she was a bit lost because of how wacky my body was. I just saw my doc 2 weeks ago all tests pretty much normal. my BUN level was high but I was trying a lot of egg whites then.
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 07-16-22, 07:20 AM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 654 Times in 498 Posts
see this is good info. I bet I am not even close to the max on the recommendations. American Dietetic Association (ADA): at least 95 - 171 grams/day.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): 75 - 262 grams/day (10-35% of daily caloric intake).
though calorie wise I am higher.
I wil lie taling to my nutritionist again in September last time I talked to her 4 years ago she kept wanting me to try wild rice and such.
bu then I was eating popcorn once a week. Now no way can I ever eat cabs in any real amounts. but I always got the feeling she was a bit lost because of how wacky my body was. I just saw my doc 2 weeks ago all tests pretty much normal. my BUN level was high but I was trying a lot of egg whites then.
So the ADA min is 95 and their max is 171, and the CDC minimum is 75 grams with a max of 262 grams?
Old 08-07-22, 07:17 PM
fooferdoggie 

I have a update. I was appearing to eat small amounts of carbs in a form that does not bother me. But over the months it has taken a Tole on me. My esophagus has this weird ache I get when I have not even enough or skip a meal or ride way to long without eating. I have not had it much in the last few years but it has been happening almost every night the last few weeks and really throwing off on how much I needed to eat. Plus my rides were harder and I always felt like I didn't to sleep enough.
Well I finally stopped eating those carbs daily and in a week ro so I have been feeling better and no more phantom pain from my esophagus at night. It feels like I have. Ways to recover but I was able to ride 250 miles for the week without being totally trashed. I have know the problem with carbs was getting worse but it was fine with that small amount once in awhile. My BP is not climbing as high now either.
So if I want to ride no more carbs. But now how much I need eat has to be tested again because I was so tired I always felt I needed to eat more. I am hoping the nutritionalist can give me some ideas but we will see.
Old 08-08-22, 03:33 PM
RH Clark

Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 449 Times in 246 Posts
I have a update. I was appearing to eat small amounts of carbs in a form that does not bother me. But over the months it has taken a Tole on me. My esophagus has this weird ache I get when I have not even enough or skip a meal or ride way to long without eating. I have not had it much in the last few years but it has been happening almost every night the last few weeks and really throwing off on how much I needed to eat. Plus my rides were harder and I always felt like I didn't to sleep enough.
Well I finally stopped eating those carbs daily and in a week ro so I have been feeling better and no more phantom pain from my esophagus at night. It feels like I have. Ways to recover but I was able to ride 250 miles for the week without being totally trashed. I have know the problem with carbs was getting worse but it was fine with that small amount once in awhile. My BP is not climbing as high now either.
So if I want to ride no more carbs. But now how much I need eat has to be tested again because I was so tired I always felt I needed to eat more. I am hoping the nutritionalist can give me some ideas but we will see.
I'm not a doctor but it occurs to me that it may not be carbs that is troubling you so much as that particular food itself. You might consider food allergies as a possible source of your troubles rather than unspecified carbs in general.
Old 08-08-22, 03:55 PM
fooferdoggie 

Originally Posted by RH Clark
I'm not a doctor but it occurs to me that it may not be carbs that is troubling you so much as that particular food itself. You might consider food allergies as a possible source of your troubles rather than unspecified carbs in general.
its both. carbs is a separate issue. but I have a lot of food intolerance. the carb problem I have had all my life it was just a really small issue but slowly has gotten worse. but I had a lot of stomach problems and upper repository infections in my late 20's most of it was either carbs or genetics or both and i got a bunch of antibiotics. that messed up my guts for many years. but when I did a food elimination diet to learn what bothered me it was carbs complex carbs were the worst. So when I stopped eating the carbs after I found out how they made me feel then all of a sudden all these foods started bothering me including spices and such. but it was not as bad as it is today. I was doing ok and feeling not too bad till I started eating cabs again and things got far worse. this was over 20 years ago. none of the food intolerance have gotten better over the years.
thats why I test my foods using my watts meter on my bike because I cant always feel it. all I can eat is meat and cheese and unsweetened almond milk every day plus a multivitamin. all other foods I have to take care eating.. like i can handle most non carby veggies now 3 times a week but even then I don't dare eat the same ones over and over. .none of my doctors really understand whats going on but they are happy that I pay attention and pretty much follow what my body tells me. but I do slip up as its so hard to eat this way its close to impossible because it is so boring and repetitive and no variety. I haven ever found any carbs in any form I can eat without my body getting mad at it.l had so many heath issues when I was eating them once a week. I have tried everything you can imagine and my body says nope. Carbs are so bad they cause so many issues that its physically dangerous to eat them now. they fog my mind and then I make mistakes. the last two tines caused me to clip a pole on our tandem when my mind wandered and almost loose the tip of my finger the last time on the router table. I don't have the brain fog now that my carb intake is so low.

but the reward is I have more energy now then anytime since this started its not at the level of most peoples but its sure better then it was. back then walking wore me out. now I ride hundreds of miles a week.

I found a lady on the food intolerance group that had these same issues it was like a carbon copy of what I had starting with the infections. it ran on females of her family mine on the males.
Old 08-10-22, 06:52 PM
Bearhawker

Bikes: '23 Devinci Hatchet Carbon Apex1 '19 Norco Bigfoot 6.1 ,'12 Motobecane Turino (killed by dog crash), '12 Trek 3700 Disc

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 74 Posts
If you are eating 80/20 lean beef the majority of your calories will be coming from fat.

1 pound of 80/20 ground beef:
~1200 calories
~80g fat @ 9 calories per g = 720 cals or ~60% of calories from fat
~122g of protein @ 4 calories per g = ~500 cals or ~40% of calories from protein

Good luck on your quest for health!
Likes For Bearhawker:
Old 08-10-22, 07:24 PM
terrymorse 
climber has-been

Bikes: Scott Addict R1, Felt Z1

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 3335 Post(s)
Liked 3,435 Times in 1,737 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearhawker
If you are eating 80/20 lean beef the majority of your calories will be coming from fat.
And not the good type of fat, either.

If you choose to consume animals, fish and fowl are much healthier choices.

Old 08-12-22, 01:45 PM
fooferdoggie 

Originally Posted by Bearhawker

1 pound of 80/20 ground beef:
~1200 calories
~80g fat @ 9 calories per g = 720 cals or ~60% of calories from fat
~122g of protein @ 4 calories per g = ~500 cals or ~40% of calories from protein

Good luck on your quest for health!
ya I see a lot of different numbers when I check usually around 1000 calories.
but now that I am feeling better I need to see if i need that much. all that I have learned in the last few months have to be tossed because how carbs have thrown me off. I would try extra lean hamburger but its so dry its hard to even eat with nothing on it.
but I feel so much better without carbs. even those sugar alcohols can make me feel like regular carbs if I eat very much. but they are on the nasty side so I don't eat it often but in a keto protein par on longer rides.
its amazing I can have more energy with no carbs then with them. talk about backwards. I watch people ride eating carby things and its like crap I dont even eat unless I have to I don't want to stop long enough. I usually have a protein drink or bar and some caffeine I may get some jerky but its hard to eat while riding.

Last edited by fooferdoggie; 08-12-22 at 01:56 PM.
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 08-12-22, 03:33 PM
Bearhawker

Bikes: '23 Devinci Hatchet Carbon Apex1 '19 Norco Bigfoot 6.1 ,'12 Motobecane Turino (killed by dog crash), '12 Trek 3700 Disc

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 74 Posts
That's why I do all my riding fasted. I have problems riding if I've eaten within even a couple hours before I ride. I can sometimes handle eating during a ride but I generally don't even try. The crazy thing for me is that the longer the ride, the less food I can stomach *after* the ride. For instance if I've ridden for 5-8 hours I can't cram in more than about 1000 calories. So far I've done that for 3 days in a row - another 3-day event coming up this month - so I don't know how things will go when I get around to doing my cross-Canada trip (maybe next year) as that would be a minimum of 6 weeks of riding 6 days a week. I think on that trek I might try to eat something during the day...
Old 09-01-22, 09:22 AM
anga

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 21 Posts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_poisoning

You don't want to eat only protein. In fact, it is not easy to eat only protein to make up 3000 calories; that's about 750 grams of protein.

Use lean meats + vegetable oils, fatty fish etc, as much vegetables and greens and fruit you can tolerate. Work with a nutritionist/dietitian.
Old 09-01-22, 09:25 PM
fooferdoggie 

A little update. So less carbs and only a few times a week. Now I am not as hungry and I was able to cut down how much I eat for dinner. Overall I feel much better and my energy levels are more uniform. I found if I have say 15 grams of carbs fro ma Justins nut butter cup I am ok if I have it in the morning and then ride 30 or so miles ands Burn 1000 calories if I eat much if any more carbs it will be too much. My esophagus will get the pain it gets with too many cabs and I will be tired the rest of the day and most of the next.
I lucked out and found these sugar free licorices so I get something with some flavor that doesn't our bother me. I can handle a few of these keto protein bars a week instead of a protein powder drink but that sugar school will get to me if I have to much my body will react to it like regular carbs.

Sometimes other foods will drain my energy some but its not like the lethargic feeling I get from carbs.
A fun little thing is that when I did stop eating carbs for awhile years ago and I because sensitive to most foods. Grains were really bad. Rice was one of the worst. But after years my wife could no longer eat grains. Rice bothers us both the most though corn bothers me the least and her the worst. All of our dogs after a few months would have issues with grains too. So now we just go with grain free with each new dog.
Sometimes other foods will effect me a little or a lot. Its not always consistent. I had these bun free burgers at this place and something got me not sure if it was the sauce or the melted cheese or what. But it drained my energy for almost two days. Like when I have the salad dressing I loose a bit of energy for a few hours then its over with. I am hoping I can get to the point where I can eat veggies more often. I had them twice today lost a little energy but not too bad. I seem to do the best on meat and cheese for my lunches but I have been eating that for 30 years.
Old 09-02-22, 06:48 AM
RH Clark

Originally Posted by terrymorse
And not the good type of fat, either.

If you choose to consume animals, fish and fowl are much healthier choices.
I wouldn't agree that fish and fowl are healthier. Old thinking is that red meat raises cholesterol which leads to heart disease. There's plenty of new scientific studies proving that is not the case. There are more toxins in most fish than in red meat. It is still advisable however to source the healthiest meat available.
Old 09-02-22, 01:44 PM
terrymorse 
climber has-been

I wouldn't agree that fish and fowl are healthier. Old thinking is that red meat raises cholesterol which leads to heart disease. There's plenty of new scientific studies proving that is not the case. There are more toxins in most fish than in red meat. It is still advisable however to source the healthiest meat available.
There is no such thing as healthy red meat. There is little disagreement that eating red meat is an unhealthy practice. It is associated with increased risk of heart attack, diabetes, and some forms of cancer. Multiple studies show this relationship.

Consumption of poultry and fish is not associated with the same risks.

Even Occasional Meat May Be Harmful

Old 09-02-22, 04:14 PM
RH Clark

There is no such thing as healthy red meat. There is little disagreement that eating red meat is an unhealthy practice. It is associated with increased risk of heart attack, diabetes, and some forms of cancer. Multiple studies show this relationship.

Consumption of poultry and fish is not associated with the same risks.

Even Occasional Meat May Be Harmful
Wrong. There's quite a lot of disagreement about how healthy red meat is. Anyone looking into more recent studies can see that. It's really hard to change ingrained ideas held for long periods no matter how flawed they are. It's surprising how many health specialists or doctors would agree with you but there's just as many that wouldn't agree with you. I've read lots of materials on both sides.

Have you ever looked into the mercury levels of salmon or tuna? I don't see how you could recommend it if you had.
Likes For RH Clark:
Old 09-02-22, 04:28 PM
terrymorse 
climber has-been

There's quite a lot of disagreement about how healthy red meat is.
No, there really is very little disagreement about the heart health risks of red meat.

There is little debate in the scientific community whether eating mammal meat (beef, pork, lamb) regularly is associated with increased risk for heart disease.

Eating Meat Still Associated with Heart Disease

Old 09-03-22, 06:38 AM
RH Clark

No, there really is very little disagreement about the heart health risks of red meat.

There is little debate in the scientific community whether eating mammal meat (beef, pork, lamb) regularly is associated with increased risk for heart disease.

Eating Meat Still Associated with Heart Disease
That's just not true. If there was a consensus on health risks associated with red meat you would see a warning label on it just like a pack of cigarettes. You can choose whichever side of the debate you want to believe, but to say there is no debate is simply not true.
Old 09-03-22, 07:02 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2332 Post(s)
Liked 2,094 Times in 1,311 Posts
I'd like to see a prospective, randomised trial with crossover of course. And the rest of the diet controlled, too. Association is not causation although that was sufficient to foist statins on us.

Anyway, I cannot imagine being on a protein only diet. I doubt many here eat as much meat, cheese, and butter as I do. My arteries and heart is clean. N = 1. My Docs are fine with my intake. So, there must be a little disagreement outside the pharma controlled internets

The Mediterranean diet has more healthful fats and vegetables than the typical SAD diet.
Old 09-03-22, 07:31 AM
RH Clark

Originally Posted by GhostRider62
I'd like to see a prospective, randomised trial with crossover of course. And the rest of the diet controlled, too. Association is not causation although that was sufficient to foist statins on us.

Anyway, I cannot imagine being on a protein only diet. I doubt many here eat as much meat, cheese, and butter as I do. My arteries and heart is clean. N = 1. My Docs are fine with my intake. So, there must be a little disagreement outside the pharma controlled internets

The Mediterranean diet has more healthful fats and vegetables than the typical SAD diet.
Several recent studies associate heart disease with insulin. People develop insulin resistance from too much and too frequent consumption of high sugar and highly glycemic processed foods. The body then needs to produce massive amounts of insulin to regulate blood sugar, which leads to inflammation damaging the blood vessels. Plaque is the body's way of repairing damaged arteries. Your arteries don't become clogged because you ate food that causes it. Your body produces cholesterol. You do not absorb it through the stomach.

One of the biggest risks associated with red meat that I can find other than contaminates or additives is that it causes your body to make a growth hormone. That hormone is there to build and repair muscle. If, however, a person is basically inactive, that growth hormone can attach to cells and grow things like tumors or cancers. I would agree that most Americans consume way too much meat in general.
Likes For RH Clark:
Old 09-03-22, 08:12 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2332 Post(s)
Liked 2,094 Times in 1,311 Posts
Several recent studies associate heart disease with insulin. People develop insulin resistance from too much and too frequent consumption of high sugar and highly glycemic processed foods. The body then needs to produce massive amounts of insulin to regulate blood sugar, which leads to inflammation damaging the blood vessels. Plaque is the body's way of repairing damaged arteries. Your arteries don't become clogged because you ate food that causes it. Your body produces cholesterol. You do not absorb it through the stomach.

One of the biggest risks associated with red meat that I can find other than contaminates or additives is that it causes your body to make a growth hormone. That hormone is there to build and repair muscle. If, however, a person is basically inactive, that growth hormone can attach to cells and grow things like tumors or cancers. I would agree that most Americans consume way too much meat in general.
David Sinclair supposedly takes Metformin daily to control insulin and glucose levels. That is crazy to me. I think most people would be better served observing the amount and type of carbs that they consume and learning their response to them (meters are cheap). We are cheap carb and cheap and unhealthy fat in this country.

Over the past year, I have increased my protein intake considerably. Although I have not taken a DEXA scan, instead relying on my usual bodyfat calipers, it is clear I have added muscle mass. I had promised myself not to try to lose any body weight until one year post accident. Now, I am trying to decide whether to go back to LCHF for some months to shed 20-25 pounds. But am worried I might lose power.
Old 09-03-22, 08:23 AM
RH Clark

Originally Posted by GhostRider62
David Sinclair supposedly takes Metformin daily to control insulin and glucose levels. That is crazy to me. I think most people would be better served observing the amount and type of carbs that they consume and learning their response to them (meters are cheap). We are cheap carb and cheap and unhealthy fat in this country.

Over the past year, I have increased my protein intake considerably. Although I have not taken a DEXA scan, instead relying on my usual bodyfat calipers, it is clear I have added muscle mass. I had promised myself not to try to lose any body weight until one year post accident. Now, I am trying to decide whether to go back to LCHF for some months to shed 20-25 pounds. But am worried I might lose power.
I've heard David Sinclair speak about his metformin use. From what I understand he takes it as a longevity drug rather than to lower blood sugar specifically. I do not remember the specifics.
Old 10-12-22, 06:19 PM
fooferdoggie 

I talked to a nutritionist.He told me why I get so loopy and or tired if I eat too many carbs. Its because my body tries to store them for an emergency. He wanted me to try increasing my carb intake with just plan carbs to see if it helps. But even small amounts of tabs like 30 grams a day is too much my body reacts to them and I feel tired for over a day now. 15 to 20 grams above what I have normally from fiber and such is about it and thats only a few times a week. It the last several months it went from having that much everyday and taking several weeks to really effect me to a day or two.
He also said that I would get about 100 grams of glucose from protein and that seems to be about the limit my body can handle. I was going to test some plain glucose but I worry that will make me even more sensitive then I am now since it seems regular carb intake seems to trigger my sensitivities. No one can tell me why I have such issues with carbs but I think its a genetic thing as I have had it all my life. It was only a tiny problem when young. But its getting worse fast in the last five years it went fro Mme eating all the carbs I wanted one day a week to not even being able to handle 20 grams I can handle some in veggies and nuts ok as long as they are not really carbs veggies.
A big problem was if I ate carbs on a regular basis it makes me feel like I am starving. When I posted here I was feeling like I could not eat enough. Once I stopped on the small amount of carbs my hunger went its normal levels. My energy levels jumped up too and I have had more energy overall in the last month or so.
If say I eat my 15 grams of carbs I the morning and go ride 30 miles and burn 1000 or so calories and eat another 15 grams after I will loose 20 or watts average on my ride the next day but if I did that a couple days on a row I would lose 30 to 40 watts and even that could be a struggle.
I hate that tired feeling and thats what helps me control what I eat so I can feel was good as possible and be able to work harder on my rides. Riding really does keep me healthy as possible in more hone just exercise.
Old 10-13-22, 06:57 AM
RH Clark

Originally Posted by anga
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_poisoning

You don't want to eat only protein. In fact, it is not easy to eat only protein to make up 3000 calories; that's about 750 grams of protein.

Use lean meats + vegetable oils, fatty fish etc, as much vegetables and greens and fruit you can tolerate. Work with a nutritionist/dietitian.
Please don't consume vegetable oils. Please take some time to look into more recent health and dietary info associated with vegetable oils.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.