Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Multiple sessions per day??

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-23, 12:08 PM
Amazing_muffin

Bikes: Urevo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi there! Long story short about my bike, it's an indoor urevo with a wahoo cadence tracker. I got it a few years ago to help with mobility after a fall. Google hasn't been very helpful, so I thought I'd ask here. After discovering I have issues with the foot on the leg I injured, I'm looking for something lower impact than walking to help me stay active but I can't fit long sessions on my bike into my day. Instead of doing, let's say, a 60 minute session all at once, can I do like... 4 20 minute sessions spaced out through the day instead?
Old 03-16-23, 12:45 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,696 Times in 2,517 Posts
There is certainly benefit from longer exercise sessions, but 20 minutes at a time should be fine.
Old 03-17-23, 06:40 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4397 Post(s)
Liked 4,843 Times in 2,997 Posts
Originally Posted by Amazing_muffin
Hi there! Long story short about my bike, it's an indoor urevo with a wahoo cadence tracker. I got it a few years ago to help with mobility after a fall. Google hasn't been very helpful, so I thought I'd ask here. After discovering I have issues with the foot on the leg I injured, I'm looking for something lower impact than walking to help me stay active but I can't fit long sessions on my bike into my day. Instead of doing, let's say, a 60 minute session all at once, can I do like... 4 20 minute sessions spaced out through the day instead?
Of course you can.
Old 03-17-23, 06:42 AM
Amazing_muffin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Of course you can.
Thank you, both! I wasn't sure if there were reasons not to do it that way.
Old 03-17-23, 07:30 AM
PeteHski

Thank you, both! I wasn't sure if there were reasons not to do it that way.
For most people it's just more convenient to do a single session per day. Single prep and warm-up, followed by a shower at the end. My indoor workouts are usually pretty sweaty, so I wouldn't want to be going through that routine 3 or 4 times per day.
Old 03-17-23, 07:49 AM
Amazing_muffin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
For most people it's just more convenient to do a single session per day. Single prep and warm-up, followed by a shower at the end. My indoor workouts are usually pretty sweaty, so I wouldn't want to be going through that routine 3 or 4 times per day.
I would love to have the type of schedule that permits that. But I can't get away from my kids for long enough. I'm not sure how it's going to work out yet, trial and error, but in the meantime, I don't plan on doing anything intense. Just enough to keep my joints moving until my foot issue is resolved. Once I can go back to walking for longer periods of time, I will be doing that.
Old 03-17-23, 08:05 AM
PeteHski

I would love to have the type of schedule that permits that. But I can't get away from my kids for long enough. I'm not sure how it's going to work out yet, trial and error, but in the meantime, I don't plan on doing anything intense. Just enough to keep my joints moving until my foot issue is resolved. Once I can go back to walking for longer periods of time, I will be doing that.
I fully understand. Multiple short workouts are way better than nothing. I just find that it takes some time to prepare and change afterwards. It takes me maybe 10 mins to get ready to go on the trainer and then another 15-20 mins to have a shower and get changed afterwards. So if you are limited to 20 mins, then you will need to be super-efficient in your prep. But I think it can be done for a light spin session, where you don't need a full shower afterwards.