Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Peloton seat swapping

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-23, 12:33 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,693 Times in 2,515 Posts
Peloton seat swapping

My brother and his wife both ride their peloton and they probably can't use the same saddle. The stock one is causing him problems. I thought there was no hope for swapping saddles, but I finally stared at some images of the seat setup and realized that the saddle is held on by a pretty standard looking clamp like the ones on any cheap bike. Since I don't have access to a Peloton, I was hoping someone could tell me what the diameter of the post is so I can get him a clamp.

Blue arrow shows the part I want to buy and the red arrow points to what looks to me like it might be a crack at the weld.

Old 05-12-23, 06:41 PM
fredlord

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 70 Posts

Peloton recalls 2.2 million exercise bikes over seat issue

https://www.reuters.com/business/ret...sc-2023-05-11/
Old 05-12-23, 09:47 PM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1247 Post(s)
Liked 1,323 Times in 674 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
My brother and his wife both ride their peloton and they probably can't use the same saddle. The stock one is causing him problems. I thought there was no hope for swapping saddles, but I finally stared at some images of the seat setup and realized that the saddle is held on by a pretty standard looking clamp like the ones on any cheap bike. Since I don't have access to a Peloton, I was hoping someone could tell me what the diameter of the post is so I can get him a clamp.

Blue arrow shows the part I want to buy and the red arrow points to what looks to me like it might be a crack at the weld.

From your previous interest in Peloton and associated cheap shot on another thread I am pretty sure you are aware of the recall. With over 6.7 million users, 92% renewal rates and a very high income demographic they have found a very interesting niche in the sports business. We have both a Kickr Bike and a Peloton+ in our household. Both are used frequently with the Peloton being loved by my wife and daughters. Millions of people have found a great way to get some exercise and have fun.
Old 05-13-23, 10:27 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

If you could measure the diameter of the seatpost on your bike I would really appreciate it. My brother wants a better saddle, but I doubt he and his wife can share the same one. Both he and his wife use the bike, and I am in favor of that. As far as the crack goes, I thought that was interesting enough to point out. It's not a value judgement, these things happen. While I was looking for ways to help him with swapping saddles, the first good picture of the seatpost I found on the internet apparently shows a crack. This is where they would be found, I believe. All the other shiny areas in the pic are on the other side of objects.
Old 05-15-23, 06:38 PM
mattcalifornia

Bikes: 2002 Eddy Merckx Team SC Resto-Mod; 2019 Ibis Hakka MX; 2017 Spot Brand Ajax Belt Drive

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 192 Times in 121 Posts
The saddle sits on what I believe are standard saddle rail clamps, so you should be able to use any regular bike saddle. However, if you want to swap back and forth more easily, you can buy an extra seat slider clamp: https://www.pelotonbikeparts.com/seatslide I think you can just slide it off the back. I'd have to go check my Peloton to make sure when I get home though.
Old 05-17-23, 10:26 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

That's the best idea. Thanks for the link.
Out of stock though.

Last edited by unterhausen; 05-17-23 at 10:31 AM.