Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Power Meter Solution for 2 Road Bikes?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Power Meter Solution for 2 Road Bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-21, 01:04 PM
Broctoon
Super-duper Genius

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 984 Times in 508 Posts
Originally Posted by stuff shredman
I got an email from Favero that they just release the "Duo-Shi" which allows you to mount the Favero meter spindle into Shimano pedals ..
that's some weird internet timing, but a cool sounding product

https://cycling.favero.com/shop/assioma-duo-shi
That is an interesting option. About $100 more than their full pedals with single sided metering, and ~$100 less than their dual sided. If you like your pedal bodies, or you want dual sided but can't quite afford that option otherwise, this could be a nice solution.
Likes For Broctoon:
Old 07-19-21, 01:53 PM
SparkyCanada

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
A friend of mine uses this...Interesting little device and easily swaps between bikes as it has the capability for multiple bike setup.

https://powermetercity.com/product/p...d-power-meter/
Been thinking about these for a while... they seem like a good idea for switching between multiple bikes.... especially when 1 of my bikes uses flat pedals...

SparkyCanada
Old 07-19-21, 04:04 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
That's a lot to pay for estimated power. Strava does it for free.
Old 07-19-21, 04:12 PM
stuff shredman

Bikes: 2020 S-Works Tarmac - Sagan Edition /// 2016 Intense Tracer T275C ///

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
That's a lot to pay for estimated power. Strava does it for free.
not real-time while you're riding, which is where you'll get the most benefit from having a power meter. Plus, the Strava estimates, while good, are much less accurate than a power meter and can't account for many things like wind
Old 07-19-21, 04:21 PM
mplee

Bikes: LeMond Sarthe, Rivendell Bleriot, Dahon MU

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
No love for PowerPods? DCRainmaker says "it can be solidly accurate", it's cheap and easily swappable between bikes. Maybe not good enough for serious training but if you're just curious about your in-flight power then it should do the trick. I'm happy with mine, but I just use it as a reminder not to get lazy.
Likes For mplee:
Old 07-19-21, 07:14 PM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4376 Post(s)
Liked 3,013 Times in 1,863 Posts
Originally Posted by Broctoon
That is an interesting option. About $100 more than their full pedals with single sided metering, and ~$100 less than their dual sided. If you like your pedal bodies, or you want dual sided but can't quite afford that option otherwise, this could be a nice solution.
Just be aware that it's only some models of SPD-SLs. Won't work with R9x00s, for example.

"Assioma DUO-Shi is compatible with the following Shimano® pedal bodies: PD-R8000, PD-R7000, PD-6800, PD-R550 and PD-R540."
Old 07-22-21, 03:45 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by stuff shredman
not real-time while you're riding, which is where you'll get the most benefit from having a power meter. Plus, the Strava estimates, while good, are much less accurate than a power meter and can't account for many things like wind
There's a data field for Garmins that will estimate your power in real time. I don't think these different estimates are fundamentally different, one may have some modest insight into wind conditions but doesn't know your body position, whether you're drafting, or what your rolling resistance is like.
Old 07-27-21, 03:38 PM
Fastfwd01

Bikes: 2015 Cervelo R5 Dura Ace, 2015 Cannondale Synapse 5 Disc 105, 2006 Cannondale F300

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
I'm thinking I might pull the trigger on a Garmin Rally RS100. I did see a review with the Youtuber Shane Miller

It indicated a slight accuracy issue with the Garmin Rally pedals? Has anyone heard anything that backs up his findings or has anyone seen any field reports on their performance? I wasn't aware the Garmin Vectors had so many problems.

Last edited by Fastfwd01; 07-28-21 at 09:24 AM.