Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

IRC Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-15, 02:10 PM
Planemaker

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
IRC Tires

Posted earlier in a thread about going tubeless on my road bike this year. I have American Classic wheels and from what I have read, those who work for American Classic use either IRC or Schwalbe tubeless tires as a preference. That is not to say other tubeless tires won't work with American Classic, it is just their personal preference. I was looking at the IRC tires and the https://www.irc-tire.com/en/bc/produc...rmula_tl-rbcc/ and it looks interesting but, I know nothing about IRC tires. Do any of you have any experience with IRC tires in general that you would care to share?
Old 03-25-15, 07:25 PM
JanMM
rebmeM roineS

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro A20, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 347 Times in 226 Posts
No experience with tubeless but I remember using IRC tires years (decades) ago - 27" clinchers. Haven't followed them in recent years. Good reputation back then.
Old 03-26-15, 05:57 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
They have been around for quite a while, their motorcycle tires, while less expensive than the big name in off-road tires, perform pretty well. I used them back in the 70's on my bicycle, and my motocross machines. they can be heavy, as I recall, no experience with the newer products, though. Their tubeless bicycle tires seem to get good reviews in the tests I have read, and if American Classic is alright with them, they must have something going for them.

IRC, CST (Cheng Shin, for many years,) and Kenda seem to have prices lower than the bigger names from Europe, but so many of the European makers have plants in Asia the difference must be in the cost of the name, is suppose. (Said the old guy that buys Continental Gatorskins)

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13