Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Eastern Canada
Reload this Page >

Bicycle Painters Ottawa/Gatineau area

Search
Notices
Eastern Canada New Brunswick | Newfoundland and Labrador | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-22, 03:27 PM
GordonP

Bikes: Santana Sovereign Tandem, Norco Rampage, Bontrager Privateer S, Motobecane Super Touring, Rocky Mountain Hammer Frankenbike, Marinoni Turismo Extream, Marinoni Special, Tern Link 8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 9 Posts

Does anyone know of anyone who will paint or powder coat a frame in the Ottawa/Gatineau/Mont Tremblant area?
Likes For GordonP:
Old 04-30-22, 03:47 PM
alcjphil

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1819 Post(s)
Liked 1,693 Times in 974 Posts
Instead of Ottawa/Gatineau you might try looking in the Montreal area. Years ago I had one of my bikes repainted by Cycles Marinoni
Likes For alcjphil:
Old 07-31-22, 09:22 AM
crab_eyes

Bikes: Santa Cruz Highball SR / Vitus Sentier 27 VR (HT)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GordonP
Does anyone know of anyone who will paint or powder coat a frame in the Ottawa/Gatineau/Mont Tremblant area?
Ottawa Powder Coating Ltd. [ ottawapowdercoatingDOTcom ] for the blast and paint. Not cheap but they do it ALL!

Happy Trails.
Likes For crab_eyes:
Old 08-02-22, 05:53 PM
ThisJustIn

Bikes: Kona Dew Plus

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I looked into getting my bike media blasted and the owner of Hanco quoted me $125. He said he uses glass as his media. Preptech also charges $125 and will.use soda. Not sure which media is better for a bicycle. Also, for the paints, go with either CMAX Ottawa East or Ottawa Paint Supply. Both of them were helpful.

- Justin
Likes For ThisJustIn:
Old 08-09-22, 06:35 PM
Novakane 

Bikes: Sekine RM40 1980, Miyata 1000LT 1990, Raleigh Mixte Sprite 1980, Raleigh Grand Prix 1979

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GordonP
I am doing a DIY paint job on an old Raleigh Grand Prix where the paint was heavily thrashed - however that's not likely to be the best overall finish long term and/or I might screw it up, but it's a test run for another frame... So I too am curious where the best place to get this kind of thing done at least for the other frame.
So please let us know where you find and how much it cost when you get yours done if you don't mind.
Old 08-16-22, 05:07 AM
GordonP

Bikes: Santana Sovereign Tandem, Norco Rampage, Bontrager Privateer S, Motobecane Super Touring, Rocky Mountain Hammer Frankenbike, Marinoni Turismo Extream, Marinoni Special, Tern Link 8

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 9 Posts
Thanks for all the replies and tips. So far no luck finding someone to paint my frames economically. I may try to paint one of them myself and touch up the other one. I had Dobermann BMX in Gatineau
paint a frame for me years ago but they are no longer around. I did see an ad for a frame painter in the Laurentians but he took down his ad.