Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Candidate for Official Wine of C and V

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Candidate for Official Wine of C and V

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-21, 03:51 PM
BFisher

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked 1,898 Times in 889 Posts
@iab put up the Bartali, but it turns out there's also an Il Campionissimo option. Who knew?
Old 10-23-21, 04:13 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa

Don't worry, it wasn't Merlot.
considering the protagonist's dream wine, chateau cheval-blanc, consumed from a styrofoam cup near the conclusion of the film, is nearly half merlot...yeah.
Old 10-23-21, 07:45 AM
Mr. 66

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 1,739 Times in 960 Posts
Originally Posted by verktyg
Cribari - The Gentile Journey - AKA "CRYBABY"

Posters like this where pasted on bus stops and buses all over NYC back in the late 60's. Note the picture of the Zig Zag Man leaning up against the tree.

Cribari was a triumph of marketing. Changed true swill into a cultural icon among the youth back then...

BTW, most of the wines coming out of the Modesto - Fresno corridor are owned by E & J Gallo!

verktyg
ewh! The Gental Journey, Crabari. From my youth days, If I recall there was a proper party technic to start the trip. Which was hook the jug on your thumb, flip to the backhand rolling it on to forearm and biceps proceed to lifting then chug, and repeat, and repeat...Of course this takes practice to perfect. No glasses needed.

Last edited by Mr. 66; 10-23-21 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-23-21, 07:13 PM
surveyor6

Bikes: 1961 Higgins Flightliner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 70 Posts
I am not qualified to say one wine is "better" than another. I just know what I like, and I do taste a lot of different affordable wines.
Chianti is a bit to dry for me, but it is certainly qualified to be the official wine of C & V.