Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

ET bike - help identify

Old 07-08-21, 05:07 PM
vegasbike

Bikes: a few- I like them

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
ET bike - help identify

So I got this weirdo bike that looks like something out of an ET movie. I’ve googled the snot out of it but can’t find any info on it.
I thought it was an ebike but after having posted it there and a couple of chats with friends I’m thinking it’s not an ebike but a sort of ‘city’ bike that you rent when you visit a city. It has a bull logo on the head tube, dimension written on crank arms.
it has a 7 speed Sachs shifter and that works.. so it’s some kind of 7 speed internal hub..
now it came with a couple of versapack batteries hence why I thought it was some kind of ebike.. but they are two batteries at 3.2volts a piece and yes they are dead.. I’m guessing they control the lights anyhow pics will say more…
anyine with any ideas would be much appreciated

ET come home

Lamborghini?? Lol

7 speed Sachs

Trip meter and buttons for lights??

Formula brakes and discs

Dimension? Brand?

Italian wheels

There is a plastic insert piece that holds these batteries and a door that hides this stuff
Old 07-09-21, 06:23 PM
Erzulis Boat 
Le Crocodile

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked 778 Times in 311 Posts
Someone put a LOT of work into the construction (molds etc.) for that bicycle. The single sided swingarm is pretty neat, as are the wheels. With the wall thickness (as far as I can tell on the picture) it wouldn't surprise me if it was constructed from magnesium and not aluminum. They could save as much as 20% weight-wise if magnesium was used.

Interesting to say the least.

ETA- On the close up of the battery compartment, you can see that it has a non-anodic coating that is typical when shielding magnesium from the elements, and the exposed metal surrounding the fastener hole looks just like a magnesium alloy in color. I have some experience with magnesium!

Last edited by Erzulis Boat; 07-09-21 at 06:28 PM.
Likes For Erzulis Boat:
Old 07-09-21, 06:39 PM
Erzulis Boat 
Le Crocodile

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked 778 Times in 311 Posts
Dimension manufactures components, to include cranksets, so it's not a Dimension.

Buffalo bicycles are a brand tailored for Africa

I am coming up empty so far................
Likes For Erzulis Boat:
Old 07-12-21, 07:35 AM
obrentharris 

Bikes: Indeed!

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 1506 Post(s)
Liked 3,461 Times in 1,129 Posts
Originally Posted by vegasbike
So I got this weirdo bike that looks like something out of an ET movie. I’ve googled the snot out of it but can’t find any info on it.
I thought it was an ebike but after having posted it there and a couple of chats with friends I’m thinking it’s not an ebike but a sort of ‘city’ bike that you rent when you visit a city. It has a bull logo on the head tube, dimension written on crank arms.
it has a 7 speed Sachs shifter and that works.. so it’s some kind of 7 speed internal hub..
now it came with a couple of versapack batteries hence why I thought it was some kind of ebike.. but they are two batteries at 3.2volts a piece and yes they are dead.. I’m guessing they control the lights anyhow pics will say more…
anyine with any ideas would be much appreciated
If this is indeed a bikeshare bike @cudak888 might be able to shed some light on this.
Brent
Old 07-12-21, 07:39 AM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 2420 Post(s)
Liked 4,381 Times in 2,090 Posts
Folding pedals and a quick release suggest highly against it being anything bike share, even though the trispoke/monostay/silver look has that MoBike feel to it. It isn't.

It certainly looks as if it was made to shove some batteries in the downtube using a hinged battery.

The two round batteries are the same as used by some Black & Decker VersaPack electric hand tools.

-Kurt

Last edited by cudak888; 07-12-21 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-12-21, 09:09 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4224 Post(s)
Liked 2,944 Times in 1,803 Posts
The city of Buffalo doesn't have a bikeshare program, does it?