Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

advice for a convert kit

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

advice for a convert kit

Old 07-06-22, 12:38 PM
brechtk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
advice for a convert kit

Hello everyone,

I live in a very low population density region and I'm looking for an alternative of using my car to see my family.
I would like to build an e-bike myself. So I am very interested in the E-bike kits out there. The conditions for my project are: 250 watt motor and pedal assistance up to 30-35 km/h. Is it possible to have this assistance out of a 250 watt motor? Can anyone suggest me a kit that meets this conditions?

I don't have a preference for mid or hub drive. What should ± the power of the battery be to be able to ride at an average of 30 km/h for a distance of A) 30 km B) 60 km and this when the kit is installed on a good aluminium city bike? I weigh 82 kg.

Thanks in advance!

Brecht
Old 07-07-22, 08:15 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 603 Posts
Hard to say what is available in Belgium, but if Dillenger sells their "street legal" kit, it could be the answer. It's possible to have a speed of 18 mph with 250 w if the controller provides about 20 amps and the system is 36V. Probably you would consume 20 - 25 watt-hours per mile at 18 mph, so 30 km (18 miles) would require (18 X 25 = 450 watt-hours). Therefore a 36V battery would require about 13 amp-hours, but 15 would be a safe upper limit IMO. The amount required would be subject to the amount of pedal power you provide, hills, wind etc. It's possible that you could reduce the battery size to 10 amp-hours if the route is flat and you pedal continuously. Frequently I consume 7 watt-hours per mile on flat terrain with vigorous pedaling (52V system).
Old 07-07-22, 02:58 PM
brechtk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
THank you!
Likes For brechtk: