Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Lynskey Black Friday sale??

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-22, 02:58 PM
sarhog

Bikes: GR300, Grail, Live Wire, 5010

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 121 Posts

It appears that Lynskey always has their bikes and frame sets “on sale”. Does anyone know (or care to speculate) on whether or not they will have a BIGGER sale in the near future?
I’m just about ready to order a frame set from them, but with Black Friday around the corner, I’m hesitant to purchase now and miss a bigger deal in a few weeks.
Thanks.
Old 11-02-22, 06:32 AM
texbiker

Bikes: Cervelo Caledonia Rival AXS eTap, Blue Norcross AL, Lynskey Helix

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 81 Posts
They seem to have had 20% coupons the last couple of years but I got a 30% coupon when I bought my R300 in 2019. I'd hold out. I think I created an account put the R300 in the cart and waited. A few days later I got an email with a discount code of TAKE30. You could try that code and see if it works.
Likes For texbiker:
Old 11-02-22, 07:06 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18409 Post(s)
Liked 15,520 Times in 7,324 Posts
With the supply glut these days I would definitely hold out to save every last penny.
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 11-02-22, 09:24 AM
KerryIrons

Quoted: 506 Post(s)
Liked 638 Times in 356 Posts
Originally Posted by sarhog
It appears that Lynskey always has their bikes and frame sets “on sale”. Does anyone know (or care to speculate) on whether or not they will have a BIGGER sale in the near future?
I’m just about ready to order a frame set from them, but with Black Friday around the corner, I’m hesitant to purchase now and miss a bigger deal in a few weeks.
Thanks.
Lynskey's history, and before that when they were Litespeed, was to have big sales at the end of the season. Not sure if that is still the case but that's how I got my Lynskey 8 years ago though the sale was more like early September. Really good sale late in the year. Of course they might be out of your size in the preferred model, so that's the chance you take.
Old 11-02-22, 02:19 PM
sarhog

Bikes: GR300, Grail, Live Wire, 5010

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 121 Posts
Originally Posted by KerryIrons
Lynskey's history, and before that when they were Litespeed, was to have big sales at the end of the season. Not sure if that is still the case but that's how I got my Lynskey 8 years ago though the sale was more like early September. Really good sale late in the year. Of course they might be out of your size in the preferred model, so that's the chance you take.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I’m not referring to a sale on some leftover inventory, I'm talking about a site-wide sale on yet to be built frame sets and bikes.
For instance, their site shows that I can buy a GR-300 frame right now at 39% off (of the “was” price), yet at least in a medium, they aren’t available until mid December.