Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

GoPro Quick Release Handle bar Holder

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-22, 06:42 AM
texbiker

Bikes: Cervelo Caledonia Rival AXS eTap, Blue Norcross AL, Lynskey Helix

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 81 Posts

I'm looking for a bracket or something to hold my Hero 10 camera that I can quickly grab to shoot video. Currently I put the GoPro in a jersey pocket and pull it out to shoot handheld video. I've looked at phone holders but they are too bulky. Top bar bags are too big and the zipper is too hard to open. Any ideas? Maybe a 3D printed part of some kind?
Old 03-19-22, 07:25 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5223 Post(s)
Liked 3,579 Times in 2,341 Posts
Originally Posted by texbiker
I'm looking for a bracket or something to hold my Hero 10 camera that I can quickly grab to shoot video. Currently I put the GoPro in a jersey pocket and pull it out to shoot handheld video. I've looked at phone holders but they are too bulky. Top bar bags are too big and the zipper is too hard to open. Any ideas? Maybe a 3D printed part of some kind?
search for "GoPro quick release mounts" the cameras I've been using have a great mount which I've attached to many things, so I can move it from place to place one handed, even as I ride. for example I have it mounted on my helmet but as I'm riding I can take it off & do something one handed with it. when I got a GoPro I glued the mount to the bottom of the camera so now I can continue to use all my existing mounts. I haven't tried the one handed switch while riding yet. I might need two hands because the GoPro has an awkward shape. if I didn't already have a process for working in place with other cameras I would be looking for quick release mounts specific for the GoPro form factor. good luck!

this is mine with the other camera's mount glued on

Last edited by rumrunn6; 03-19-22 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-19-22, 07:27 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

just came across this old thread on the same topic
https://www.bikeforums.net/electroni...le-riding.html
Old 03-19-22, 08:04 AM
texbiker

I've tried the click mount as a fixed camera holder but the mount broke from rough roads I think. I have the Hero 10 in the Media Mod for voice recording which adds a little bulk to the GoPro. I looked at the link rumrunn6 included but didn't see anything to help. When I wear a wind jacket I usually have a side pocket which works well for somewhat quick video shots. I usually need quick shots when other cyclists surprise me too quickly to fish the camera out of a jersey pocket. I need to improve my quick draw skills.
Old 03-21-22, 07:32 AM
rumrunn6

this looks like it would work. mounts on the bars, can pivot & can be removed easily for the hand held work
https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/mounts-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

but keeping it in your pocket might be faster?
Old 03-22-22, 05:29 AM
texbiker

I saw that mount but getting the GoPro from it one handed looks difficult. The jersey pocket is better, I think.
Likes For texbiker:
Old 03-22-22, 05:57 AM
speedyg0nz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOZ1Jyk
Found this adapter (and many other similar ones on AliExpress) that allows you to mount your GoPro using the quarter turn mechanism on Garmin bike computer mounts, which should make it fairly simple for single handed use?

Last edited by speedyg0nz; 03-22-22 at 06:22 AM.
Likes For speedyg0nz:
Old 03-22-22, 07:32 AM
rumrunn6

Originally Posted by texbiker
I saw that mount but getting the GoPro from it one handed looks difficult. The jersey pocket is better, I think.
I can see that before I got my gopro I used a diff. brand/model & often rode with several of them. one mostly on my helmet & another in a pocket for hand held stuff. a third was a backup if/when either of the first two died. it will be interesting going forward, to see how I use the old with the new or possibly get another gopro as a backup. right now I'm hoping extra batteries will suffice. my older cameras do not have removable batteries, so when one died, I had to switch to the next one
Old 03-22-22, 07:32 AM
rumrunn6

Originally Posted by speedyg0nz
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOZ1Jyk
Found this adapter (and many other similar ones on AliExpress) that allows you to mount your GoPro using the quarter turn mechanism on Garmin bike computer mounts, which should make it fairly simple for single handed use?
that does look quick!
Old 03-22-22, 08:28 AM
texbiker

I like the mount from AliExpress and just bought one. I'll need a Garmin mount since I use a Wahoo Bolt computer but that should be easy. I also bought a pair of bike shorts with side pockets fro Aero Tech Designs.
Likes For texbiker: