Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

The Ultimate (hopefully) Raleigh Grand Prix thread.

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

The Ultimate (hopefully) Raleigh Grand Prix thread.

Old 04-12-21, 11:59 PM
daka

Bikes: Raleigh Super Course, Raleigh International, Raleigh Gran Sport

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked 314 Times in 197 Posts
As to the bottom bracket, the fixed cup does look like the Raleigh 26tpi one but measure the width - The Raleigh bottom brackets are wider, more than 70mm , while a standard British BB will be 68mm.
Likes For daka:
Old 06-15-22, 01:11 PM
degan

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 54 Posts
Just picked this up. I can't decide what i want to do with it, as it's going to be a keeper. Either leave the 6s 105 group, get the best from the era (either DA or possibly campy), do a light resto-mod (cassette hub and dual pivot brakes, but keep the DT shifters and 80s look), or go full modern with aero wheels and brifters. I work at a co-op so I have the parts available.

​​​​​

Old 02-13-23, 10:14 PM
amandah2983

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=redneckwes;5933375]I know the archives are full of them, but as the Grand Prix was Raleigh's "World" 10 speed, and probably produced in nearly as many plants and Nations as the Sports was. (Worksop, Nottingham, Gazelle (Holland), Canada, maybe even Enid Oklahoma, ect.)

Enid, Ok did in fact have a factory from 70-73 ish but closed after the bike boom died.
I own one of the US grand prix 502 builds and also live in Enid. Trying to sell but with little comparison available it's worth is?? Unknown?? Amazing condition paint is like brand new all original only issue is rip on seat which I've vinyl wrapped to conserve