Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Concorde

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-21, 03:16 AM
Spellscape

Bikes: Union Sakai

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 42 Posts
Concorde

Hi all Can someone tell me year and model of this bike

Old 07-08-21, 08:44 AM
unworthy1
Stop reading my posts!

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1440 Post(s)
Liked 1,058 Times in 783 Posts
We'd need some better pix of the frame details, and not of the components. At a glance (and since you are in Ukraine) I think this is one of the mid-range models in the Concorde range hardly ever exported to North America. Those might be Vitus dropouts and with middling Japanese components and a solid axle rear yet an all-chrome fork, it's quite a mix! There was a Concorde catalog online that showed many models that were sold under this marque including leisure and kiddy bikes, I'll have to see if I can dig that up. When we think "Concorde" it's the high-end Italian-built frames of the late '80s and '90s that come to mind, this one's another animal.
AH, found the link on Velobase which takes you to this site with a 1993 Concorde catalog, there's a "Cromotech 902" model that has a tiny pic but spec (in Dutch) says it came with Shimano 300EX, has what I think are downtube shifters and Biopace chainset....so several boxes are checked with what your pix show. It did not have a chrome fork in '93, but this is the only Concorde catalog I ever saw with the "full range".
c5 | 1993 Concorde | Retrobike

Last edited by unworthy1; 07-08-21 at 08:53 AM.
Likes For unworthy1:
Old 07-08-21, 10:46 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
300EX spans the entire decade of the 1990s, so to narrow that down, you'd have to refer to the components date codes. The only 300EX Concorde model that I recall in North American was the early 1990s Europa. The Europa frame change quite a bit, going from lugged to TIG welded but I don't ever recall one with internal rear brake cable routing.
Old 07-08-21, 05:19 PM
Manny66 

Bikes: 1973 Colnago Super, Litespeed Classic , Automoto , Pinarello Gavia TSX,Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra,Eddy Merckx EMX-5 , 1982 Moser SL, Concorde TSX, Vitus 979 KAS. Diamant SLX,60's Meteor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 327 Posts
Information on Concorde's is hard to come by, several Italian Co's made the higher end frames so Serial #'s are difficult to pinpoint a year and model.

Good Luck.
Old 07-09-21, 02:46 PM
fabiofarelli

Bikes: Especialy Alan, but also Empella, Cascarsi, Gazelle, Bianchi, CJV, Sirocco, Berkers etcetera

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 997 Times in 355 Posts
Concorde is a Dutch brand. The high end frames were build by Pelizzoli/Ciocc in Bergamo and Billato in Padova build the cheaper ones. In later years Martinelly in Belgium also build Concorde.