Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

BBB PowerPull or Icetoolz 04d2?

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-21, 08:54 PM
CaptainPlanet

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

I tried to read the reviews and they are about even. Many good reviews with some bad reviews mixed in saying both tools completely stripped the cranks and stuff. Think they are about even? or is one clearly better than the other? I like the Icetoolz one because it includes the 14mm nut socket which I don't have. A socket set is pretty expensive and that built in function would help a lot.
Old 09-18-21, 01:29 AM
MUDCOWS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Honestly just a Park tool CWP-7, slightly more expensive but will last you a lifetime and reduce any risks of stripping threads.
Old 09-18-21, 08:02 AM
Crankycrank

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 836 Post(s)
Liked 1,058 Times in 742 Posts
Originally Posted by MUDCOWS
Honestly just a Park tool CWP-7, slightly more expensive but will last you a lifetime and reduce any risks of stripping threads.
+1. No worries about the quality of this tool. Also has two sized tips for different crank axles. You only need an adjustable wrench if you have one and don't want to buy a socket. I would also add that it's hard to tell with the bad reviews on the other two removers if the reviewer was using them properly. Sometimes people don't screw them all the way into the crank threads resulting in stripping them out and blaming it on the tool.