Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Opinions on Giant warranty.

Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Opinions on Giant warranty.

Old 02-11-21, 09:52 PM
Nizzle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
I've had a 2015 Giant Roam 2 for 6 years. LOVE the bike. As bad luck would have it - I recently upgraded my wheels(Handspun Quality Wheels) and Tires(WTB VentureSG2) for tubeless use. Rode them for 1 week and then - Cracked chainstay. I went directly to my LBS and they took possession of the bike, they took pics and emailed Giant(I presume their rep). 7 days of days of radio silence. After not hearing from Giant nor my LBS for a week, I decided to try and find the West Coast Rep and call on the phone. I found a name(not the Rep) and blindly called and explained how it's been some time with no response from Giant nor my LBS and I was feeling a bit "in the dark". The guy was apologetic and said he'd find out what's what. 10 mins later I get a call back to find out Giant is honoring the warranty and had already set out a replacement frame 2 days ago, but my LBS nor I was notified. The frame comes in tomorrow. Let's pray it's not a bright Red frame, but rather the black one. Very pleased. In the end Giant WAS on the ball and shipped out a replacement very quickly. The only issue was their inability to communicate it to my LBS nor end user(me). I'm really pleased. It was awkward blindly calling a Giant Rep, but it just goes to show "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". I'll circle back with how much $$ the LBS charges me to do the frame swap. It's a great ma and pa shop. I should be fine. We'll see.
Old 05-30-23, 02:13 PM
deadlyjedly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Problems with Giant Warranty

I bought a Giant Defy Advanced bike in 2017. I have no idea what the warranty was at the time. My frame failed at the down tube in front of the bottom bracket while riding rough roads in Louisiana. After lots of hounding by the dealership, and no response to my direct inquiries, the report came back that their current warranty only dates to bikes made after 2020. The current warranty reads as if replacement should be guaranteed for the original owner for the life of the bicycle. At this point their offer is 20% off dealer cost of a frame. However, as I am training to do a fund raising ride in the French Alps (Cykelnerven) I was forced to buy a new bike. Giant had not responded to inquiries for 5 weeks. In 2017 The giant came in at ~ $800-1000 less than an equivalently equipped bicycle from Trek or Specialized, who per bike shop personnel, are much more service oriented and communicate much better.

No trauma