Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Does anyone have info about Trinx M136 Elite? Is it decent enough?

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Old 05-17-22, 12:48 PM
Meta313

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I found an offer online, its Trinx M136 Elite 27.5 inch for $200

Is Trinx good brand and is this particular model decent for forest riding, casual jumping over smaller obstacles and maybe riding down the stairs if needed?

Also its cassete is rusty, bike probably was stationary and picked up the rust. Is it a big deal and will it cause any problems? otherwise bike is like new. And overal is it worth $200?
Old 05-17-22, 08:31 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4253 Post(s)
Liked 3,866 Times in 2,579 Posts
I have never heard of that brand but a quick search shows me a department store bike sold online. $200 is generous for a new bike fresh from the box for a used bike of this quality maybe I would offer $10 to be nice but if it is rusting it is a good sign it is not a new bike and the bike has been abused in some way even if just being left outside to rust. They may not have ridden it much or at all but a bike doesn't just get rusty without some sort of catalyst usually being left outside or near a water heater or something like that.
Old 05-17-22, 10:06 PM
Meta313

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
I have never heard of that brand but a quick search shows me a department store bike sold online. $200 is generous for a new bike fresh from the box for a used bike of this quality maybe I would offer $10 to be nice but if it is rusting it is a good sign it is not a new bike and the bike has been abused in some way even if just being left outside to rust. They may not have ridden it much or at all but a bike doesn't just get rusty without some sort of catalyst usually being left outside or near a water heater or something like that.

I cant use link in my replies cuz im new user but if u search Trinx M136 elite there will be a link to official trinx site and there specs for that bike, can u check that? it might help you to evaluate it better? i have no idea what all those specs mean

And about offer: Its looks in pristine condition everywhere else, no sign of wear and tear, even the tires are original and they are clean, no sign of riding. Only problem is that rusty cassette and this might be caused by seller's garage not being moisture tight. Im my country low cost, old garages is common and his one looks like it in the pics. And I can also check the bike in person before buying.

If those specs on the official site seems decent for $200 (theres one bike shop locally selling new Trinx bikes and that exact model is prices and $290 but i dont want to ask them how good it is, they will just praise it anyway, thats what all the sellers do, so i asked here) and rust isnt that big of a deal, ill might as well get it?

Last edited by Meta313; 05-17-22 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-18-22, 05:53 AM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2749 Post(s)
Liked 2,516 Times in 1,422 Posts
No way I would be doing small jumps and riding down stairs on that.

I am curious what specs on the site make you think it is anything but junk.

The fact that most of the specs are just labeled “Trinx” is a bad sign. It is impossible to know anything about the wheels, brakes, or fork. The Shimano parts are very low tier.

That bike is OK for an occasional ride around the neighborhood. Thats about it. Its not a mountain bike.
Likes For Kapusta:
Old 05-19-22, 07:09 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4253 Post(s)
Liked 3,866 Times in 2,579 Posts
Originally Posted by Meta313
I cant use link in my replies cuz im new user but if u search Trinx M136 elite there will be a link to official trinx site and there specs for that bike, can u check that? it might help you to evaluate it better? i have no idea what all those specs mean

And about offer: Its looks in pristine condition everywhere else, no sign of wear and tear, even the tires are original and they are clean, no sign of riding. Only problem is that rusty cassette and this might be caused by seller's garage not being moisture tight. Im my country low cost, old garages is common and his one looks like it in the pics. And I can also check the bike in person before buying.

If those specs on the official site seems decent for $200 (theres one bike shop locally selling new Trinx bikes and that exact model is prices and $290 but i dont want to ask them how good it is, they will just praise it anyway, thats what all the sellers do, so i asked here) and rust isnt that big of a deal, ill might as well get it?
I looked it up already, that is why I said what I said. $200 is a lot for the bike brand new from the box undamaged, used and damaged, as it is damaged as rust is damage, offering $10 would be generous.

Kapusta also made great points. If you are hellbent on buying it you are overspending on it from that shop brand new but I guess throw the money on it and know it is not a capable bike for much of anything.