Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

New from North Carolina

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

New from North Carolina

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-21, 12:59 PM
luteplayers

Bikes: Trek Verve 2 Disc, Rage Red

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
New from North Carolina

Hello, New to the forum as well as being new to North Carolina. The first bike I remember having was a Rollfast Banana bike in the late '60s. In high school I had a Nishiki drop bar 10 speed that I used for transportation.

I took about a 10 year break from biking when I joined the Navy. I Bought a '91 Schwinn Series 5 PDG while I was stationed in the Philippines and rode most days after work with a small group. I kept that bike until after I retired. My longest ride with it was @ 80 miles from Oxford to Stonehenge.

I ended up giving it to a friend after moving to a house that was a mile of dirt road off the paved road. My wife and I got Diamondback comfort bikes, which we gave to her daughter just before moving from Maine to North Carolina.

We have two Trek Verve 2 Discs on order that are supposed to arrive at the LBS in November. Both Rage Red, one step over and one low step.

Looking forward to riding on pavement again. They are also building an 18 mile trail system near our house.

Luteplayers
Jim
Old 09-30-21, 01:48 PM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 1,655 Times in 782 Posts
Welcome! You're going to love the area, especially in the winter after moving from Maine. (Former MA resident here, now in SC.)

There is a wonderful MUP called the Thermal Belt Rail Trail that runs between Rutherfordton and Forest City. It's about 13.5 miles long. If you're nearby, look into it.
Old 09-30-21, 06:43 PM
luteplayers

Bikes: Trek Verve 2 Disc, Rage Red

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
That's about 90 minutes west of me. I will put it on the list.

My wife grew up in Quincy MA.
Old 09-30-21, 07:26 PM
chuck mili

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
welcome!
Old 10-01-21, 06:04 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 1,655 Times in 782 Posts
Originally Posted by luteplayers
That's about 90 minutes west of me. I will put it on the list.

My wife grew up in Quincy MA.
Small world. South Quincy guy here, close to the Adams Houses.
Old 10-01-21, 04:31 PM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,620 Times in 2,123 Posts
Welcome to the board!

Likes For Trsnrtr:
Old 10-05-21, 06:06 PM
Lolo03

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by luteplayers
Hello, New to the forum as well as being new to North Carolina. The first bike I remember having was a Rollfast Banana bike in the late '60s. In high school I had a Nishiki drop bar 10 speed that I used for transportation.

I took about a 10 year break from biking when I joined the Navy. I Bought a '91 Schwinn Series 5 PDG while I was stationed in the Philippines and rode most days after work with a small group. I kept that bike until after I retired. My longest ride with it was @ 80 miles from Oxford to Stonehenge.

I ended up giving it to a friend after moving to a house that was a mile of dirt road off the paved road. My wife and I got Diamondback comfort bikes, which we gave to her daughter just before moving from Maine to North Carolina.

We have two Trek Verve 2 Discs on order that are supposed to arrive at the LBS in November. Both Rage Red, one step over and one low step.

Looking forward to riding on pavement again. They are also building an 18 mile trail system near our house.

Luteplayers
Jim
welcome and thank you for your service
Likes For Lolo03:
Old 10-05-21, 07:59 PM
drlogik 

Bikes: '87-ish Pinarello Montello; '89 Nishiki Ariel; '85 Raleigh Wyoming, '16 Wabi Special, '16 Wabi Classic, '14 Kona Cinder Cone

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 255 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I live in Charlotte. There is a ton of great road riding and mountain bike riding in North Carolina. The mountains have some great mountain bike trails. Where you live at Lake Norman there's a lot of open rural roads to ride on. I'm envious.
Likes For drlogik: