Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

Help me ID the parts from this pic of my late 70’s/early 80’s Mongoose

Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Old 06-20-22, 05:28 PM
groverdill

Bikes: Giant Iguana, Cannondale hybrid, Trek Beach Cruiser, Vintage Sears Cruiser(restored by me!)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Suppose a guy in his late 50’s wanted to recreate the BMX bike he raced as a teenager and only had one picture of that bike. (Yes, I’m the guy &#128556. I built this bike piece by piece and and won every BMX race I entered. Still have my trophies! I’d like to know what it would take to rebuild this bike and I know there are folks here who could help me ID each piece since my memory isn’t being much help. Obviously it’s a Mongoose frame, but what model? Supergoose? I see Torker pads, and I kind of think I had Cook Bros. forks on it, but I only recall their forks being white. I want to know everything: rims, gooseneck (Tuff Neck maybe?), tires, bars, cranks, pedals, etc right on down to the seat clamp and tires. I’m confident you guys can help me out, but feel free to direct me to any other sites that may be helpful. Also, what do you suppose it would cost to recreate this beast? Before you ask, I have no idea what happened to it. I shudder to think my mom probably gave it to Goodwill. Thanks!

Mike

Old 06-20-22, 08:03 PM
Rolla

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 3,270 Times in 1,439 Posts
Originally Posted by groverdill
I’d like to know what it would take to rebuild this bike and I know there are folks here who could help me ID each piece

Post your pictures and questions at the BMX Museum site. You'll get lots of help there.