Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

New Zwift world coming - Neokyo

Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

New Zwift world coming - Neokyo

Old 11-19-21, 08:05 AM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 299 Posts
I must have just missed it last night because when I rode there was only NY (yawn), Watopia and Richmond I think. I did the update though so I figured it was coming. It also crashed my computer twice before I finally got Zwift up and running.

Looks like fun, can't wait to try it.
Old 11-19-21, 11:00 AM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 4258 Post(s)
Liked 2,934 Times in 1,809 Posts
Are they ever going to add pace partners outside of Watopia?
Likes For MinnMan:
Old 11-19-21, 01:11 PM
blacknbluebikes 

Bikes: two blacks, a blue and a white.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Liked 838 Times in 406 Posts
Bald Paul Whoa. Thx for the pix! Might have to ride after work. Hmm. It is indeed Friday. Single malt Friday. Might have to ride early tomorrow.
Likes For blacknbluebikes:
Old 11-20-21, 08:59 AM
blacknbluebikes 

Bikes: two blacks, a blue and a white.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Liked 838 Times in 406 Posts
Review by dc rainmaker on first visit. https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2021/11/...-thoughts.html
Old 11-20-21, 07:21 PM
Dancing Skeleton

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 34 Posts
I'm not a fan at all of either Makuri or Neokyo.
Makuri has too much dirt for me, and Neokyo is overstimulating, lights, neon, lots of turns etc.
But I'm sure that many will disagree with me, that's fine.
FWIW, I don't like NY or Richmond either, but I'm always happy in Watopia, France, London, Yorkshire or Innsbruck.
I'd love to see a virtual Mt. Washington Auto Road worked into Watopia.
To each their own, Zwift is still awesome & makes winter in New England tolerable.
Old 11-20-21, 09:24 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 10241 Post(s)
Liked 11,593 Times in 5,942 Posts
I updated on Thursday, knowing it would take quite a while on my lousy Zwifting rig. And it did. Good thing I'd already decided it was a rest day.

Last night I fired it up and chose one of the new routes in Neokyo. After about 2 minutes, Zwift froze for maybe 2-5 minutes. Only Zwift, nothing else. When I was just about to force quit, it started up again, but 5 minutes later I get the new "Connection disconnected" notice, but I was able to keep riding regardless. After a minute it still didn't go away, so I ended that ride and went to Watopia, where I rode for an hour with no further issues. I'm thinking that Neokyo may be too much for my current setup. I need a new one.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Old 11-23-21, 10:41 PM
atwl77
Kamen Rider

Bikes: Fuji Transonic Elite, Marechal Soul Ultimate, Dahon Dash Altena

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 164 Posts
I tried Neokyo last night - their longest 24k route. Very twisty, some of the paths and landmarks don't seem logical like riding on rooftops that are sometimes open top unprotected "parks" and others, regular rooftops with your regular rooftop stuff (pipes, ventilation, etc), all seemingly side-by-side. Sometimes there's no clear path, where you might get lost if you weren't on fixed rails, and for some reason the roads (even the tarmac) is all smooth and shiny.

But one thing it does well is make it feel like you are in a very densely packed cyberpunk-ish city.

Their only KOM segment wasn't really much of a climb at all, but there several sprint segments which will probably be great for doing sprint intervals. I guess, overall the new map is pure eye candy but makes a bunch of odd decisions in regards to navigation and the way the paths flow?

Zwift needs to fix their screenshot bug that has been around since forever though. I spent a lot of time hitting F10 to take pictures, but at some point F10 stopped working. It's been like this as long as I could remember, so I was always cautious about taking too many pictures each ride, just that forgot about it and I lost count this one time as there was a lot of new scenery to digest.
Likes For atwl77:
Old 12-01-21, 02:57 PM
clasher

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 102 Posts
Neokyo was a big yawn to me... rode the 24km route and had no idea where I was most of the time and esp. didn't like the twisty bits that they put in... for steering users I guess? I didn't really find the rest of the Makuri world to be very interesting and especially not keen on their virtual gravel either. I spent two winters with zwift but have decided to try out fulgaz this winter, new roads are mostly what I want and they seem to be adding new rides to fulgaz all the time.