Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Apple TV

Old 02-10-21, 07:19 PM
oujeep1

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR, Colnago CX1 EVO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Apple TV

I have been using, since October, a Wahoo Kickr, which I love, with Apple TV as my video platform. Works great with Zwift and Rouvy. My question- are there other apps, such as Tacx app and one called BKOOL, that can be used directly with Apple TV without having to use an IPAD or MacBook?
Old 02-10-21, 08:12 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Not TrainerRoad, unfortunately.
Old 02-11-21, 06:30 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked 304 Times in 217 Posts
FulGaz had an AppleTV app, but I haven't tried it.
Old 02-14-21, 10:56 AM
Barry2 
LR÷P=HR

Bikes: 1981 Holdsworth Special, 1993 C-dale MT3000 & 1996 F700CAD3, 2018 Cervelo R3 & 2022 R5, JustGo Runt, Ridley Oval, Kickr Bike 8-)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Liked 1,194 Times in 687 Posts
Originally Posted by jpescatore
FulGaz had an AppleTV app, but I haven't tried it.
Fulgaz is all I use with my Kickr bike. Rides are stunning and from places all over the world.
The rides are in full 4K video. It’s better to have the larger Apple TV to store rides for repeated use. The files are huge.

I went the other option and store the ride files on my PC, the Apple TV then streams them from there.

Barry
Old 02-15-21, 06:30 AM
oujeep1

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR, Colnago CX1 EVO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I loaded Fulgaz for the free trial period at least. I had difficulty getting it to run, seemed like it was very slow to start- I downloaded a ride but it took a long time, don't know whether thats them or maybe my wifi band width. Once the ride finally started it was okay- are all of the rides taken from a camera mounted on the bicycle or the rider? The constant moving of the picture due to movement of the bicycle bothers me, I much prefer those taken from a car. Will give it another try, looks like we are at least7-10 d away from being able to ride outdoors- 8=10 " of snow yesterday and current temp is 1- yes one, thats not a typo. I live in Edmond a suburb of OKC.
Old 02-15-21, 09:27 AM
Barry2 
LR÷P=HR

Bikes: 1981 Holdsworth Special, 1993 C-dale MT3000 & 1996 F700CAD3, 2018 Cervelo R3 & 2022 R5, JustGo Runt, Ridley Oval, Kickr Bike 8-)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Liked 1,194 Times in 687 Posts
Originally Posted by oujeep1
are all of the rides taken from a camera mounted on the bicycle or the rider.
yes they are all bike mounted. I avoid the rides where the riders brakes edge into the picture. Some of the rides are more stable than others. It may reflect the effort required of the original rider for that ride. I tend to stick with rides with a difficulty of 3, stability has not been an issue with my setup (55” 4K TV 6-7’ in-front of bike).
I suspect using a smaller closer screen might be more of an issue?

With the ride files being multiple GBs in size, I stopped live streaming them and now pre-download all my rides. Now when my wife/kid fire up internet streaming/zoom/BandWidthHogApp, I don’t care.

Barry