Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Horribly out of true wheel

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Horribly out of true wheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-21, 07:46 AM
ClydeClydeson

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 581 Post(s)
Liked 921 Times in 518 Posts
Wait- is this the same guy who felt slighted because the local club didn't want him in the group ride without a shirt or helmet? The same one who bragged that he was a better rider on his hybrid than they are on their road bikes, then crashed while trying to shadow their ride? That guy? The troll with no self awareness?
Old 07-06-21, 08:37 AM
hevysrf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by ClydeClydeson
Wait- is this the same guy who felt slighted because the local club didn't want him in the group ride without a shirt or helmet? The same one who bragged that he was a better rider on his hybrid than they are on their road bikes, then crashed while trying to shadow their ride? That guy? The troll with no self awareness?
Hey, I resemble those remarks.
Old 07-06-21, 08:52 AM
BadGrandma

Bikes: Surly Cross, Franklin tandem, Culprit Jr., BMX racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 28 Posts
I don't care if he is a troll. This is funny and I don't have a good book to read. Keep this thread going! And you might want to avoid his waving thread.
Likes For BadGrandma:
Old 07-06-21, 09:36 AM
Broctoon
Super-duper Genius

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 984 Times in 508 Posts
Yes, this is the same goofball who tries to chase down folks in a serious group ride, shirtless and helmetless, on a beater hybrid bike. He owns three Giant hybrids (one for his brother), all bought in the past couple months and one or two of them already wrecked. He kind of wants to be taken seriously, it would seem, yet he constantly acts in an erratic or foolish manner. For example, he wrecks his bike on a fast descent, which throws the rear wheel so far out of true that the brake drags. His solution is to simply remove the brake, then come to the Bike Mechanics forum and ask if we think it will be okay to continue riding. He took a spoke wrench and fooled with the wheel, even though by his own admission he had no idea what he was doing. This made the wheel even worse. But he claims to be so strong that he can keep up with or pass pacelines of club riders on road bikes.

I definitely smell a troll.

I will say this: he has interesting fashion sense. (When not shirtless, he sometimes wears a woman's dress.)

Bike Forums has been very entertaining lately.
Old 07-06-21, 07:14 PM
Le Mechanic

Bikes: 2020 Pivot Vault, 1983 Rossin Record, Garneau R1, Mesamods home built gravel/rain commuter bike, 1995 Barracuda A2V modified with Surley single speed dropouts, 1969 Bottecchia junkyard special fixed gear, Cervelo P4, Mesamods 650b klunker

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 50 Posts
Old 07-06-21, 07:41 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18350 Post(s)
Liked 4,502 Times in 3,346 Posts
Too much finesse for the OP.

This one should be easier to understand.

Old 07-06-21, 08:15 PM
Le Mechanic

Bikes: 2020 Pivot Vault, 1983 Rossin Record, Garneau R1, Mesamods home built gravel/rain commuter bike, 1995 Barracuda A2V modified with Surley single speed dropouts, 1969 Bottecchia junkyard special fixed gear, Cervelo P4, Mesamods 650b klunker

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 50 Posts
[QUOTE=CliffordK;22131606]Too much finesse for the OP.

This one should be easier to understand.
I think the OP deserves to given answers to questions regardless of his perceived mechanical ability. One method shows how to make a wheel rideable for a few miles to get you back to the trailhead and the other shows how to repair the wheel to last long enough to purchase a new rim or wheel assembly. Nothing wrong with options...