Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southern California
Reload this Page >

LAX Parking Shuttle With Boxed Bike

Search
Notices
Southern California Southern California

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-22, 08:54 PM
twa

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105, 2013 Novara FlyBy (folding), 2021 All-City Space Horse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Hello,
Has anyone ever parked at LAX "Lot E" (formerly "Lot C") and taken the shuttle bus to the terminal while lugging a boxed bike? I might be attempting this later this week. I was wondering if the bus driver will let us on. The box is a standard cardboard bike shipping carton for a 700c road bike, around 51" x 30" x 8" and 35 lbs. The backup plan is to drop my wife off at the terminal with the bike and other luggage, then drive to the lot and take the shuttle back.
Thanks
Old 04-25-22, 12:05 PM
jonathanf2

Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked 1,043 Times in 441 Posts
Originally Posted by twa
Hello,
Has anyone ever parked at LAX "Lot E" (formerly "Lot C") and taken the shuttle bus to the terminal while lugging a boxed bike? I might be attempting this later this week. I was wondering if the bus driver will let us on. The box is a standard cardboard bike shipping carton for a 700c road bike, around 51" x 30" x 8" and 35 lbs. The backup plan is to drop my wife off at the terminal with the bike and other luggage, then drive to the lot and take the shuttle back.
Thanks
Plan B sounds way easier. Just arrive with AMPLE time to park. I can just imagine what a PITA it would be to haul the box on-n-off the shuttle while carrying other luggage. Plus your wife can just chill and wait for you if you drop her off. Also try and see if you can get a luggage cart, which would be easier to find from the arrivals lower lever of LAX if you drop her off there as opposed to the departure level.

Actually Plan A should be okay as well, if you don't have as much to carry. I'm pretty sure the shuttle driver should be okay with your bike box, just make sure to hold it properly. I'm not sure it would fit properly in the luggage stowaway.
Likes For jonathanf2:
Old 04-26-22, 06:22 PM
twa

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105, 2013 Novara FlyBy (folding), 2021 All-City Space Horse

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Thanks jonathanf2. Yep, I think we'll get there a little early and do Plan B.