Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Can you identify this Colnago?

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Old 07-08-22, 08:45 AM
w98seeng

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This Colnago is for sale near me for $360. I want to find the model so I can get more info on it. I messaged the seller, but no response yet.
I don't even know if it was a mountain bike or if the fork was changed because the fork makes the bike look uneven. Also, the fork is an RST, which I wouldn't think would come on a Colnago.

Thanks,
Ian

Old 07-08-22, 09:46 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4221 Post(s)
Liked 2,942 Times in 1,801 Posts
Yeah, that looks like a random aluminum bike that a previous owner slapped Colnago decals on, but I could be wrong.
Likes For himespau:
Old 07-08-22, 02:56 PM
w98seeng

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
Yeah, that looks like a random aluminum bike that a previous owner slapped Colnago decals on, but I could be wrong.
Because of all the cheaper p[arts on the bike I thought that might be the case
Old 07-08-22, 05:46 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4330 Post(s)
Liked 3,949 Times in 2,641 Posts
It is not even close to a Colnago even the Colnago decals are unlikely to be Colnago decals they just say it. I don't see the need for fake bikes, if the bike is not that bike no need to put fake stickers on it to try and sucker people into buying it. Just put other stickers on it or leave it blank, it would have looked fine just as polished aluminum even with the lower end components.