Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Seat Angle At Older Age - Rant

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Seat Angle At Older Age - Rant

Old 05-19-22, 07:39 AM
freeranger

Bikes: 06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked 462 Times in 289 Posts
71 y.o. here. About a year ago or so, at the beginning of "cycling season", my saddle adjustment on my road bike just didn't feel right, after riding it the same way for several years. Lowered the nose just the smallest bit, and that's all it took. I also ride off-road, and the saddle on my mtn bike (diff brand saddle) is slightly up and did not need changing. Maybe because the mtn.bike has a more upright rider position? Wouldn't it be nice if our bodies remained the same as we age. BUT-ain't gonna be that way!!
Old 05-19-22, 08:49 AM
_ForceD_
Senior Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked 434 Times in 232 Posts
Iím just beginning to wonder/notice that rider-saddle interface discomfort on a properly adjusted saddle might be affected by the fit of my spandex/lycra cycling shorts. Of my several pairs, there are a couple that are several seasons old. The spandex has become less snug over time. And, I have a couple newer pairs that still have their close-fit snugness. It seems that when I wear the newer ones which offer more support and hold everything together in a nice snug package that I donít experience that saddle interface discomfort nearly as much. Iíve got a few pairs of new shorts on order and will investigate further.

Dan