Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Getting Back to Cycling

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Getting Back to Cycling

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-20, 04:32 PM
shiro13

Bikes: 2003 Trek 1000 and 2011 Trek 2.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Getting Back to Cycling

It has been 5 years since I rode a road bike. Sold my 2001 Trek 1000 and 2011 Trek 2.1 due to relocation. I kind of regret selling my 2011 Trek since it's hard to find a new bike with the same spec for the price I paid. All the used bike are so expensive right now. It doesn't help that there are not a lot of bikes that are suitable for short people.

Anyhow, if you guys could give me some input with these bikes on sale, that would be great.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...5784180152756/ I think it's a 2013 Raleigh Capri 4.0. They switched the components to SRAM Force. However, the front derailleur is still the Shimano Ultegra (per the pictures I requested). Not sure how compatible that is with the rest of the components.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bik/d/corona-del-mar-specialized-allez-dolce/7174442673.html 2004 Specialized Allez Dolce. Don't think she changed anything with it.
Old 08-13-20, 06:16 PM
Germanrazor

Bikes: Trek Madone

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 54 Posts
I am not big on a triple like the drive train of the Specialized is and they do not give an account of the total drive train breakdown. The Raleigh has SRAM Force or at least the crank is, I assume a full Force drive train??? I like the Raleigh better for the componetry alone. There is no issue with a Shimano Ultegra FD working with the rest of the drive train.

I love SRAM best and the intuitiveness of how it works. I have nothing against Shimano but SRAM wins in my book every time. It’s Ford vs Chevy in all reality.
Likes For Germanrazor:
Old 08-13-20, 08:37 PM
shiro13

Bikes: 2003 Trek 1000 and 2011 Trek 2.1

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Germanrazor
I am not big on a triple like the drive train of the Specialized is and they do not give an account of the total drive train breakdown. The Raleigh has SRAM Force or at least the crank is, I assume a full Force drive train??? I like the Raleigh better for the componetry alone. There is no issue with a Shimano Ultegra FD working with the rest of the drive train.

I love SRAM best and the intuitiveness of how it works. I have nothing against Shimano but SRAM wins in my book every time. It’s Ford vs Chevy in all reality.
thank you for your input. I got them down to $700. Going to see the bike right now.

edit: yes, it was all SRAM force drivetrain. Switching gears were smooth. I don’t remember Shimano 105 shifted that smooth.

Last edited by shiro13; 08-13-20 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08-13-20, 11:19 PM
OpenRoad33

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by shiro13
thank you for your input. I got them down to $700. Going to see the bike right now.

edit: yes, it was all SRAM force drivetrain. Switching gears were smooth. I don’t remember Shimano 105 shifted that smooth.
the new Shimano R7000 is super nice. In case your interested in a group set