Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Brompton Name Changes for 2022

Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Brompton Name Changes for 2022

Old 12-04-21, 04:15 AM
CEBEP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Jipe
Its probably a local distribution problem in Turkey or shipment of bikes to/import into Turkey, because Brompton has a lot of bikes in stock.
This is simply not the case. I spoke to two distributors and they specifically mentioned that they can't order what they need in quantity that they need. Not the case they had before Covid when they were ordering setups and models they want and were receiving them in acceptable lead times. Maybe Brompton treats other countries differently, or there is some sort of issues between Brompton and their TR distributor I don't know. But that's the situation we have.
​​​
Another point is parts. I asked to check if H stem is available and was said it's not available anywhere in Turkey. What? They couldn't give me any reasonable lead time and said that I can order it but will have to pay whatever price it will have once it arrives. What?

These are not Aliexpress sellers but official Brompton dealers.
Old 12-04-21, 04:30 AM
Jipe

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Liked 233 Times in 198 Posts
You can try to buy online from an EU dealer (the one of my previous link has H stem bikes in stock) or another one. You will probably have to pay import taxes into Turkey.

What seems well the case, is that Brompton doesn't like to build custom bikes anymore and that Brompton Junction shops receive easier custom orders than other dealers.

Brompton has also now direct online shops in every European country that compete against dealers (people buying bikes online can either have the online bought bike delivered to their home or to a local dealer).
Old 12-04-21, 03:18 PM
Joe Remi

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 74 Posts
I see this place is as cheerful as ever. Now I remember why I stopped checking it. Back to that! 🙋‍♂️
Likes For Joe Remi:
Old 12-07-21, 05:50 PM
3speedslow

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 1937 Post(s)
Liked 1,043 Times in 627 Posts
All these changes and what not just makes my current M2R 2017 Brompton headed for the Classic & Vintage world.