Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Canyon Endurace - CF 7 eTap or CF8?

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Canyon Endurace - CF 7 eTap or CF8?

Old 05-23-22, 01:32 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4384 Post(s)
Liked 4,819 Times in 2,978 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Just my opinion, not a straightforward website especially when compared to competitors.

The bike I am interested in shows a Dura Ace 9200 crankset in the pictures but the Component pulldown lists a Rotor ALDHU24 Inspider for the crank but does not specify which aftermarket chainrings will be shipped. This is not a small detail. Will they be Praxis? 11 speed Rotor? Does Rotor even make 12 speed rings? 50/34, 52/36, 53/39? What length arms. Not confidence inspiring.

The main page says 700 x 28.
Why don't you ask them on the web-chat? It's obviously an odd-ball spec or a mistake. On the component geometry page it shows 52/36 chainrings and crank lengths 170 (XS), 172.5 (S,M,L) and 175 (XL, 2XL). On the feature it shows it as all Shimano, which it probably is unless maybe there was a component shortage and they had to bodge something else together?
Attached Images
Old 05-23-22, 02:13 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2332 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I agree with you on this, but I fear that other bike manufactures sites might soon follow. This idiotic way of displaying things seems to have caught favor over the last few years at other sites outside of the realm of cycling.

IMO, Makes it 10 times more difficult to compare models. You almost have to know exactly what you want when you go to websites with that scheme.
I very seriously considered buying the Endurace but too many unknowns.

I'd probably be ok on a Trek Domane or Emonda but they are sold out. Looking at the Cervelo Catelona 5. If the Pinarello F12 Dogma took 32 mm tires, I'd be all over the 62 cm, which surprisingly is pretty laid back and not very aggressive on the stack/reach or much less aggressive than the Endurace XL. I had an old Dogma and all my PB climbing were on it, I have no idea why but that thing could climb
Old 05-23-22, 02:20 PM
PeteHski

I very seriously considered buying the Endurace but too many unknowns.
Apart from that odd spider spec (which I think is likely to be a simple spec error as I can't see it being anything other than standard Shimano) what else is unknown? All the other stuff you complained about above is no more than 2 clicks away from the main spec page.
Their web chat is also pretty good for clarifying specs. I've spoken to them a couple of times and found them knowledgeable.
Old 05-23-22, 02:26 PM
PeteHski

Show me the crank length and rings for the dura ace model. Show me the handlebar width. Just three pieces of important data on a $10k bike. I don't see it. I know how to click on the all components tab.
Here you go...
Attached Images
Old 05-23-22, 02:53 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 10393 Post(s)
Liked 11,844 Times in 6,062 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Here you go...
(Stem length and handlebar width are in "cockpit dimensions")

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Old 05-23-22, 03:17 PM
PeteHski

Looking at the Cervelo Catelona 5
I also seriously considered the Caledonia 5 too (presume that's what you meant). I find it a bit ironic that Cervelo don't even list any of the spec you claimed Canyon was missing (which wasn't actually) e.g. bar width, stem length, crank length, seat post offset, bar reach/drop, max tyre clearance? I don't see any of these dimensions listed on the Cervelo site.

Last edited by PeteHski; 05-23-22 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-23-22, 03:35 PM
GhostRider62

I also seriously considered the Caledonia 5 too (presume that's what you meant). I find it a bit ironic that Cervelo don't even list any of the spec you claimed Canyon was missing (which wasn't actually) e.g. bar width, stem length, crank length, seat post offset, bar reach/drop, max tyre clearance? I don't see any of these dimensions listed on the Cervelo site.
Cervelo is not direct to consumer. That is the difference.

I was out on a 5 hour ride and did not have time to read your responses. I stand by my opinion. The Dura Ace equipped Canyon does not list the crank length, the chain rings, the stem length or mention that they use non standard stem diameter. All critical pieces of information to make a fit and for a direct to consumer purchase, it is essential for me. If it is there, I looked for more than an hour.
Old 05-23-22, 03:41 PM
PeteHski

The Dura Ace equipped Canyon does not list the crank length, the chain rings, the stem length or mention that they use non standard stem diameter. All critical pieces of information to make a fit and for a direct to consumer purchase, it is essential for me. If it is there, I looked for more than an hour.
Seriously? You looked for more than an hour and couldn't find the table I posted above?
Likes For PeteHski:
Old 05-23-22, 03:43 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Seriously? You looked for more than an hour and couldn't find the table I posted above?
I found it within 4 minutes, at the link he posted.

Old 05-23-22, 03:44 PM
PeteHski

Cervelo is not direct to consumer. That is the difference.
Yeah I realise that. So you'd have to ask your Cervelo dealer for the missing info right? With Canyon, you just ask on their web-chat (even though pretty much all the info you were looking for was right under your nose anyway!)
Old 05-23-22, 03:46 PM
GhostRider62

No. I am not lying. I spent a lot of time on their site. And I stand by my opinion. Canyon's website is a confusing mess. The fact they do not directly tell you the stem diameter is 1 1/4? Less than forthright. That is a big omission. I won't even get into their ludicrous marketing claims. Bottomline, I am not buying one for many reasons after doing my due diligence. And, I am not reviewing the matter further. Glad you like yours.
Old 05-23-22, 03:53 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

No. I am not lying. I spent a lot of time on their site. And I stand by my opinion. Canyon's website is a confusing mess. The fact they do not directly tell you the stem diameter is 1 1/4? Less than forthright. That is a big omission. I won't even get into their ludicrous marketing claims. Bottomline, I am not buying one for many reasons after doing my due diligence. And, I am not reviewing the matter further. Glad you like yours.
Uh, dude? From your link. Literally two clicks.

Likes For genejockey:
Old 05-23-22, 04:24 PM
PeteHski

The only confused mess here is you.
Old 05-24-22, 04:09 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
This is why I put that guy on ignore. Trying to help him find the answer to a detailed question was just too frustrating. It looks like I'm not the only one to notice.
Old 07-02-22, 06:45 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4729 Post(s)
Liked 1,530 Times in 1,001 Posts
Can anyone decipher what Canyon is doing (how they're calculating) their Stack and Reach numbers? Are they including Stems and Spacers (what angles and how many)?
Also, any idea what the latest is on their policy to do any swaps on Stem/Bar sizing before shipment?

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Endurace_Geometry.pdf (823.9 KB, 0 views)