Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Klickfix UniKlip Rack Bags

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-21, 09:00 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts

Klickfix/Rixen&Kaul UniKlip mount allows for of a bag on a rack without any provisions from the rack side. Two rack bags on the market are particularly well suited, in terms of dimensions, for rack-equipped Brompton and other folders. One, relatively well known by now, is the Vincita Nash Rackbag. However, there is also somewhat less known Rackpack Touring UniKlip by Rixen&Kaul in the market. They have similar maximal capacity of about 20l. However, the latter capacity for Vincita is only arrived when opening up and filling the side panniers in the bag. The main compartment in Vincita has a volume of only 12l. I needed to reach for the Rixen&Kaul one, because my laptop would not fit into the Vincita and fitted nicely into the former. As to other considerations, Rixen&Kaul is more expensive, but compensates it with a tad nicer finish, thicker zippers and various pockets for smaller items. Some longer items may be easier to carry in the Vincita panniers, not there in R&K. Both bags come with rain covers and shoulder straps. There are some color options for Vincita. Photos follow below.

Likes For 2_i:
Old 10-26-21, 10:19 AM
tcs
Palmer

Bikes: Mike Melton custom, Alex Moulton AM, Dahon Curl

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1663 Post(s)
Liked 1,817 Times in 1,057 Posts
Heel strike?
Old 10-26-21, 10:44 AM
Jipe

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 247 Times in 211 Posts
Ortlieb has a similar system that fits on most racks there are other sizes.

Width is OK for the Brompton without risks of heel strikes.

The bags have an adjustable grip that clips on the rear rack.

Old 10-26-21, 11:36 AM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Originally Posted by Jipe
Ortlieb has a similar system that fits on most racks there are other sizes.

Width is OK for the Brompton without risks of heel strikes.

The bags have an adjustable grip that clips on the rear rack.
The higher capacities, of 17.5l, are there only for the oval Ortlieb bags, best suited for shopping. The more rectangular bags all have 12l or less. The grip system seems even more robust than that of Klickfix, grabbing the rack tightly in 2 areas, rather than 1.
Old 11-29-21, 02:28 PM
CEBEP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 45 Posts
Could you advise make and model of what looks to be folding rear view mirror on the left Brompton? I have miracle mirror similar to the one of the right but I don't see much in it in down position. Thanks.
Old 11-29-21, 04:39 PM
2_i 

Originally Posted by CEBEP
Could you advise make and model of what looks to be folding rear view mirror on the left Brompton? I have miracle mirror similar to the one of the right but I don't see much in it in down position. Thanks.
This a CRG Arrow Mirror with a Bar End Adaptor, marketed for motorcycles. It is very expensive, but I went there after spending even more money on various lesser mirrors that I was unhappy with. It is the type of mirror you put on and do not look back - the mirror problem becomes solved. You can get replacement parts, if you break one, but my bike fell a number of times and the mirrors survived intact. You can get cheaper knockoffs that are cast rather than machined. They do not compare in terms of functionality, but they give a hint where the CRG mirrors are going.

Demo by 8:55:
Old 12-04-21, 05:41 AM
CEBEP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 45 Posts
I can't help it noticing these wheels. What are these?

Old 12-04-21, 10:39 AM
2_i 

This is an attachment named SideWinder, not there anymore in the market. The bike on the right has the original product and the one on the left has my own, inspired by the original. It allows to roll the folded bike on its side, like a suitcase.