Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

1990’s Schwinn High Plains…Fender Recommendation

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-21, 02:45 PM
Basstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts

I originally posted here a few months ago about converting my older Schwinn High Plains from a MTB into a commuter/distance riding bike.

I am looking for recommendations for aluminum fenders that will fit that bike. For what it is worth I also have added a Topeak rear rack.

I have not had fenders on a bike since I was a kid and basically haven’t ridden since then either so all of this is new to me.

If anyone has this bike and has put fenders on it and has any recommendation and or tips or insight it would be greatly appreciated.

On a separate note the Topeak rear rack has what looks like a mounting location on the back of it in which to mount a light. Are there tail lights that perhaps mount there on a bracket but are easily removable to be recharged?

Thanks
Old 10-27-21, 05:12 AM
Basstar

Update

I think I’ve found the fenders that will work and unless I hear differently from the group will use a simple clip on rear tail light that attaches to my seat bag.
Old 10-27-21, 02:45 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1532 Post(s)
Liked 1,527 Times in 915 Posts
The C&V forum can be a big help with older bikes. Also, let us see the bike! Pics!
Old 10-27-21, 04:12 PM
Basstar

Pics

Originally Posted by Korina
The C&V forum can be a big help with older bikes. Also, let us see the bike! Pics!
I tried to upload a photo but don’t have 10 posts yet so the site here will not allow the photo.
Old 10-27-21, 09:45 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Originally Posted by Basstar
I tried to upload a photo but don’t have 10 posts yet so the site here will not allow the photo.
So, how's your day been going?
Old 10-28-21, 03:40 AM
Basstar

Thanks For Asking

So, how's your day been going?
Amazingly well.

And yours?
Likes For Basstar:
Old 10-28-21, 03:47 AM
Basstar

My Bike

Here’s the bike in its current configuration. I’ve converted it into my “Go Fishing” bike for when I’m in south Florida and have named it the Snookmobile. I’m thinking fenders and lights and perhaps a bell should complete the project
Likes For Basstar:
Old 10-28-21, 12:43 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Fenders, lights, and a bell complete every project. I'd like to see racers suddenly required to equip their bikes thusly. Nice bike; looks like a fun ride.
Originally Posted by Basstar

Here’s the bike in its current configuration. I’ve converted it into my “Go Fishing” bike for when I’m in south Florida and have named it the Snookmobile. I’m thinking fenders and lights and perhaps a bell should complete the project
Old 10-28-21, 02:46 PM
Basstar

Fenders, lights, and a bell complete every project. I'd like to see racers suddenly required to equip their bikes thusly. Nice bike; looks like a fun ride.
Thank you so very much.