Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

Mondonico Columbus ELOS frame 57cm

Search
Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Mondonico Columbus ELOS frame 57cm

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-23, 05:43 AM
steelisreal19

Bikes: 2002 Tommasini TecnoTig, 1997 Mondonico ELOS, 1990 Gotti SLX, 1994 Eddy Merckx Corsa, 1994 Pinarello Veneto, 1998 Bianchi Eros,1985 Trek 470

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Mondonico Columbus ELOS frame 57cm $1,500

This is an “if you know, you know” situation. Antonio Mondonico was the godfather of Italian framebuilders

. Active between 1989 - 2005, Antonio made bicycles of the absolute highest caliber, by hand, in his own private shop behind his family home outside Milan. Although he trained the frame builders at Gianni Motto and Colnago, he saved his best for the 200 odd custom orders that he made himself every year.

I lived in Italy for three years and collected vintage bikes. I found this one on Facebook Marketplace, a steel worker in Milan had built it up as his daily cruiser, complete with basket and fenders. It was horrible. That’s where the paint chipping on the chain stay came from. I have a very sad photo of how she used to be built up for anyone curious.

The frame is 57cm c-c on the seat tube. Happy to provide other measures for someone interested.

The frame is made of Columbus Extra Leggere Over Size (ELOS). This is the gold standard of racing bicycle steel.

Condition: the frame is perfect, the paint not so much. You can see the damaged paint in the photos. There is ZERO rust and no dents or cracks at all - again, the steel is perfect.

Here is more about Mondonico: https://bikeraceinfo.com/oralhistory/mondonico-shop-story.html

Last edited by steelisreal19; 05-03-23 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Forgot to add price
Old 05-03-23, 06:17 AM
mrv 
buy my bikes

Bikes: my very own customized GUNNAR CrossHairs

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 428 Times in 249 Posts
I don’t see a price listed.
but if free, I’ll take it!
It’s my size and it’s beautiful bike.
Old 05-03-23, 07:30 AM
steelisreal19

Bikes: 2002 Tommasini TecnoTig, 1997 Mondonico ELOS, 1990 Gotti SLX, 1994 Eddy Merckx Corsa, 1994 Pinarello Veneto, 1998 Bianchi Eros,1985 Trek 470

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mrv
I don’t see a price listed.
but if free, I’ll take it!
It’s my size and it’s beautiful bike.
Sorry! I forgot to insert the price and the edit is pending with the Admin. I’m asking $1,500.00, wish I could afford to keep it.
Likes For steelisreal19:
Old 05-03-23, 11:26 AM
mrv 
buy my bikes

Bikes: my very own customized GUNNAR CrossHairs

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 428 Times in 249 Posts
Originally Posted by steelisreal19
Sorry! I forgot to insert the price and the edit is pending with the Admin. I’m asking $1,500.00, wish I could afford to keep it.
In the Classic & Vintage section of Bike Forums is an active For Sale section. Cross posting or duplicating your ad there will get you more eye balls.
- Best of luck! If I weren't more of a C&V Bottom Feeder I'd be most tempted. I just over paid for a $70 Specialized Allez long term project bike, otherwise this would be right up my alley.... or right down my paved road!

cheers.