Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Diverge Elite E5

Old 09-17-21, 05:03 PM
josiahc03

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Diverge Elite E5

Hi,

I am around 6ft2-3 and have an inseam of 92-93cm. I got a 58 but when I sat on it it seems right but I don't know how to tell. The saddle seems a good bit above the handlebars. I have never had a dropper bike before. I am trying to figure out the size of the bikes as I am not sure if 58 is too small or 61 too big. Any help would be appreciated as soon as possible as I need to know if I need to return the bike
Old 09-17-21, 05:54 PM
dwmckee

Bikes: Co-Motion Cappuccino Tandem,'88 Bob Jackson Touring, Co-Motion Cascadia Touring, Open U.P., Ritchie Titanium Breakaway, Frances Cycles SmallHaul cargo bike. Those are the permanent ones; others wander in and out of the stable occasionally as well.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 229 Posts
Hopefully the shop is good at fitting and did not sell you something that does not fit. You can have a fitter separate from the shop evaluate the fit for you. Generally for someone your height we would put you on a 60-61 but there are a lot of variables. If you have shorter legs for your height then maybe a 58 with an extended stem? Really a fitter needs to look at things.
Old 09-18-21, 03:46 AM
josiahc03

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was fitted on a 60cm Trek Emonda ALR 5 in 60 but i felt a bit stretched out on the reach. Thanks for the advice. I will have to see if there is someone around that can try fit me!
Old 09-18-21, 05:41 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3636 Post(s)
Liked 5,311 Times in 2,699 Posts
According to Specialized fit chart, you are at the top end of a 58 and bottom end of 61. In this case, since you have no complaints with the fit, I would trust that the shop has you on a proper size. You should expect to have saddle to bar drop, that's just how drop bar bikes are. Nice choice of bike, btw.
Old 09-18-21, 12:33 PM
Random11

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Diverge, 2021 Cervelo Caledonia

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 378 Times in 197 Posts
If it seems right, that's a good sign. I won't offer any advice, but I'm 6 feet even and am very comfortable on my 58 Diverge.
Old 09-18-21, 01:36 PM
Simonix

Bikes: Giant Bowery single speed, Whyte hardtail MTB, Cannondale Topstone Gravel

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
I have a 58cm diverge elite e5 2021. I’m 6’3” with 36” inseam.

fits me just right in my opinion. Also had a pro bike fit, and fitter agrees all is fine with it.