Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

Zwift Academy Finals series on GCN

Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Old 12-17-21, 06:27 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked 725 Times in 436 Posts

GCN is releasing videos of the Zwift Academy final selection that awards the winning male and female rider with a pro contract on Alpecin-Fenix and Canyon/SRAM. It's an interesting look into what the criteria are for becoming pro. For example, the big diesel engine impresses Dan and Si but not the AF judges, whose team doesn't really need one since they're more about sprints and one-days.

BF isn't smart enough to embed the video playlist. Here's the first episode:

Old 12-18-21, 02:38 PM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 4258 Post(s)
Liked 2,934 Times in 1,809 Posts
Interesting stuff and the footage of Majorca makes me hope i can get back there sometime soon.

I'm not thrilled with the reality TV show format, with people getting thrown off the island and all. But there is some real talent there, and I wonder if some of these will soon become recognizable names in the pro peloton.
Old 12-19-21, 08:41 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 574 Times in 444 Posts
I watched a few episodes today. Interesting program. Thanks for posting.