Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

‘19 Bianchi Intenso a good bike ?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-21, 06:46 AM
GBK233

Bikes: 2020 Giant Advanced 2, 2020 Giant Contend AR1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 34 Posts

‘19 Intenso listed locally. Ultegra. I believe it’s Di2. The reason I’m not sure is that it isn’t listed as a Di2….because he had listed the bike a couple months ago. I contacted him about it the day he listed it it….and he then got cold feet about selling it at all.

Not a ton of info about this bike online….so that has me a bit leery.

There is a small bit of damage to the frame(seller says it was “scuffed” during shipping). Does this look cosmetic or structural?

Im very happy with my 2020 Defy….but can’t resist the thought of having Di2. Aside from the Di2…. would the Intenso be a noticeable upgrade from my Defy?

Old 07-14-21, 04:27 PM
Caliwild

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked 671 Times in 281 Posts
Your Defy will be way more comfortable. The Intenso is basically the old Infinito frame (so it doesn't have the vibration-cancelling CV technology). I'd pass, especially with those gashes (that look pretty deep).
Old 07-14-21, 04:37 PM
GBK233

Bikes: 2020 Giant Advanced 2, 2020 Giant Contend AR1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Caliwild
Your Defy will be way more comfortable. The Intenso is basically the old Infinito frame (so it doesn't have the vibration-cancelling CV technology). I'd pass, especially with those gashes (that look pretty deep).
yup…I passed on it without going to look at it. Thought it had Di2 but just Ultegra. Even if I got him down to $2300….I didn’t see it as an upgrade to my Defy.

Currently looking for something Defy-ish that I can use as my wet weather and/or winter bike.

mint condition 2015 Defy listed locally but owner wants way too much($1300ish) and takes far too long to reply to emails and/or texts.
Never understood why people list stuff for sale…and then drag their feet when it comes time to actually try and sell the damn item. It’s 2020 people….it only takes a few seconds to reply to a text. Grrrr
Old 07-16-21, 02:02 PM
PeteHski

Quoted: 4395 Post(s)
Liked 4,838 Times in 2,992 Posts
Originally Posted by GBK233

mint condition 2015 Defy listed locally but owner wants way too much($1300ish) and takes far too long to reply to emails and/or texts.
Never understood why people list stuff for sale…and then drag their feet when it comes time to actually try and sell the damn item. It’s 2020 people….it only takes a few seconds to reply to a text. Grrrr
Might be his wife trying to sell it. That's what mine does with stuff I haven't used in a while, lol.
Likes For PeteHski:
Old 07-19-21, 12:00 PM
Caliwild

Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked 671 Times in 281 Posts
Maybe just spend the money upgrading to Di2? That's what I did and have no regrets. I went with Ultegra Di2...