Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Which Way Western Man? 2013 GT Edge Ti or 2020 Ritchey Road Logic

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Which Way Western Man? 2013 GT Edge Ti or 2020 Ritchey Road Logic

Old 01-09-23, 04:52 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4253 Post(s)
Liked 3,866 Times in 2,579 Posts
Originally Posted by sweitee
Here's the GT I ended up with. It may turn out to be too small for me in the end, but I got it for a bargain anyway. I've had a few rides and really enjoyed it so far!
My kinda bike, titanium, Ultegra and PDW Bird Cages heck yeah.

I think that looks like a Knog R70 rear light as well which I have, good light.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 01-09-23, 05:08 PM
sweitee

Bikes: 2013 GT Edge TI, 2019 Gunnar Hyper-X,1989/90/91 (?) Specialized Rockhopper Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
My kinda bike, titanium, Ultegra and PDW Bird Cages heck yeah.

I think that looks like a Knog R70 rear light as well which I have, good light.
Thank you! The only problem I've encountered with the PDW cages on this bike is that with the triple triangle I can't fit the bigger bottles (1L) that I prefer to use in the rear cage. The light is a Garmin Varia that I got as a Christmas present this year.
Likes For sweitee:
Old 01-09-23, 05:15 PM
Lombard
Sock Puppet

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon, 2017 Jamis Renegade Exploit and too many others to mention.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 863 Times in 573 Posts
The first time you have to change cables, you will be glad they are externally routed!

Enjoy the bike! Ride the heck out of it!!
Likes For Lombard:
Old 01-09-23, 06:32 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4253 Post(s)
Liked 3,866 Times in 2,579 Posts
Originally Posted by sweitee
Thank you! The only problem I've encountered with the PDW cages on this bike is that with the triple triangle I can't fit the bigger bottles (1L) that I prefer to use in the rear cage. The light is a Garmin Varia that I got as a Christmas present this year.
Nice I have wanted a Varia system for a while and eventually need to get one.

This might solve some bottle issues by lowering things:
https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/...s/b-rad-system
or if you want to switch out to a different cage:
https://kingcage.com/collections/all...-lowering-cage

Though I will say keep those Birds they are not made and really good at holding bottles.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 01-09-23, 06:40 PM
sweitee

Bikes: 2013 GT Edge TI, 2019 Gunnar Hyper-X,1989/90/91 (?) Specialized Rockhopper Sport

Originally Posted by Lombard
The first time you have to change cables, you will be glad they are externally routed!

Enjoy the bike! Ride the heck out of it!!
Thank you! I was looking for an externally routed rim brake bike explicitly so I could get more experience with self-maintenance. I had an internally routed carbon fiber frame with electronic/hydro groupset before and felt uncomfortable tinkering around with it on my own. Looking forward to being able to tinker more.
Old 01-09-23, 06:47 PM
sweitee

Originally Posted by veganbikes
Nice I have wanted a Varia system for a while and eventually need to get one.
I've only had it out on 3 rides so far so definitely too early to tell, but the fact that it is consistently notifying me of cars before I hear them or have the chance to peek back for a look has made me feel more at ease for the first time since I felt drivers got noticeably worse at the start of the pandemic.

I was looking at those King Cages and just might have to go that route. I've been looking at their Iris cages for my other bike anyway!
Likes For sweitee:
Old 01-09-23, 07:47 PM
Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Varies are awesome; during Covid suddenly everyone I knew had one. And no one ever stopped using them.
Likes For Bah Humbug: