Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+) > Pills and Ills
Reload this Page >

Johns Hopkins MoTrPAC research study - anyone participating?

Notices
Pills and Ills This is a discussion subforum for the health challenges faced by riders 50+. These discussions are in no way to be considered professional medical advice.

Old 06-16-21, 11:22 AM
Deal4Fuji
minimalist cyclist

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked 1,638 Times in 943 Posts

A group of us were approached after the Ride of Silence May 19th by a East Carolina University student asking if we would volunteer for a research study of highly active people under the Johns Hopkins umbrella. Several universities across the nation are involved. They specifically target runners, cyclists & weightlifters of all ages, but the Pills & Ills section seems the best fit for this. I'm just curious if anyone on Bike Forums is participating. I've done 3 of the 8 appointments that make up the study.

Here's an overview
Old 06-16-21, 08:15 PM
Bmach

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked 264 Times in 162 Posts
Keep us informed as it progresses.
Likes For Bmach:
Old 09-18-22, 03:24 PM
Deal4Fuji
minimalist cyclist

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked 1,638 Times in 943 Posts
Disappointing - I couldn't finish the program because I have an irregular heart beat and the medication I take for it was on the list of drugs that was prohibited. They were willing to make an exception on the medicine, but because of recurring PVC's that occur during exercise (and of course showed up in their testing) couldn't be lowered to a level they felt comfortable with, they thought it best to continue without my participation.
Old 09-21-22, 07:02 AM
DanielGatli
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Uhm, it's disappointing, however - are there some mentions about the prohibited drug medications? I am a student at the medical university, and I'm also doing independent research about this topic, but help from someone would be nice and welcome. My roommate who studies at the literature department gets student support on https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-e...-they-carried/ because she had a study about the well-known book by Tim O'Brien, "The Things They Carried". And the expert writers brought her a paper about the theme of physical and emotional burdens for a sure A. Therefore, I have begun to trust the service's free essay examples, and I'm thinking about asking it for help with my medical science paper research.

Last edited by DanielGatli; 09-29-22 at 03:43 PM.