Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Fantastic Dillenger customer support

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-22, 09:25 PM
lhill 

Bikes: ‘90ish Peugeot Triathlon and Specialized Alibi Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 15 Posts

I started having a problem with my Dillenger conversion shutting off after about 20 minutes of continuous Pedal Assist 4 riding. The display will go blank and I have to cycle the battery switch off and back on to be able to power on the display again. If I even touch the throttle after that the system shuts down again.
So, around noonish on Sunday 12/4 I sent an email to Dillenger describing the problem and asking for their troubleshooting help. Much to my surprise they responded that same day in the late afternoon. They said they would be happy to help and asked me to video my battery on the charger showing a green fully charged and to then measure the battery voltage, which I did….50.7 volts fully charged. I sent the video to Dillenger on Sunday evening.
on Monday morning, 12/5, when I checked my email I had a reply from Dillenger that my battery was not fully charging and they will send me a replacement. Later that day I got another email with UPS tracking number.
Today, 12/6, I got a text fromUPS saying my package will be delivered this coming Friday.
wow, it would be nearly impossible for Dillinger to provide any better customer support than they just did! I am blown away!
Old 12-06-22, 11:46 PM
MarcusT

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Liked 616 Times in 344 Posts
It would be a better planet if all companies serviced customers like that.
I had a similar experience with KitchenAid and their mixer. They now have a customer for life
Old 12-07-22, 09:29 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 813 Times in 614 Posts
Great to hear; my daughter is still riding her 350w front hub conversion after seven plus years (second battery; the first was replaced under warranty). IMO, Dillenger's 350w kit is a deal at $700 or so (last time I looked) IF the battery uses the Samsung cells they state on their site.
Old 12-07-22, 02:07 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
That is good news but let's see if what they send is going to solve the issue.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 12-08-22, 06:42 PM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 275 Times in 192 Posts
Will a new battery solve the problem. I think so. The old one got unbalanced. Let's hope the new one is built a little better.
Old 12-08-22, 09:27 PM
Cworthy

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Awesome!

Originally Posted by lhill
I started having a problem with my Dillenger conversion shutting off after about 20 minutes of continuous Pedal Assist 4 riding. The display will go blank and I have to cycle the battery switch off and back on to be able to power on the display again. If I even touch the throttle after that the system shuts down again.
So, around noonish on Sunday 12/4 I sent an email to Dillenger describing the problem and asking for their troubleshooting help. Much to my surprise they responded that same day in the late afternoon. They said they would be happy to help and asked me to video my battery on the charger showing a green fully charged and to then measure the battery voltage, which I did….50.7 volts fully charged. I sent the video to Dillenger on Sunday evening.
on Monday morning, 12/5, when I checked my email I had a reply from Dillenger that my battery was not fully charging and they will send me a replacement. Later that day I got another email with UPS tracking number.
Today, 12/6, I got a text fromUPS saying my package will be delivered this coming Friday.
wow, it would be nearly impossible for Dillinger to provide any better customer support than they just did! I am blown away!
Thanks for sharing that experience. It is a great example of how customer service ought to be provided. I'd guess it is rare that Dillinger loses a customer due to customer service problems.
Old 12-09-22, 09:11 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
Originally Posted by Cworthy
Thanks for sharing that experience. It is a great example of how customer service ought to be provided. I'd guess it is rare that Dillinger loses a customer due to customer service problems.
Again be careful we don't know how it ended. Having a company say "yeah we can send a part" is different from the part actually arriving and the part actually solving the problem or if the part doesn't solve the problem them still engaging till it is properly fixed and not causing more headaches. Also this is just a single anecdotal example not necessarily indicative of their entire customer service.

The initial communication and saying they are sending parts is important but more important is the outcome. Since anecdotal evidence is OK I have had two incidents where they communicated and sent parts none of which were correct and after months one bike did eventually get fixed but it took months and in the end if they had sent the correct parts that our tech who was working on had asked for it would have been fixed sooner but they kept denying the problem. The other bike ended up with the owner going to court because they wouldn't fix it. Granted I don't know what happened beyond that because she didn't let us know. I have a feeling it got thrown out if it ever made it because it did get rather silly. However again that is 2 pieces of anecdotal evidence from two different companies. Fine initial communication and parts sending but the outcome wasn't ideal or as ideal as it should have been.