Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Raleigh America MT-200 1993

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-23, 10:13 AM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 1,760 Times in 634 Posts
Raleigh America MT-200 1993

Getting ready to part with my Raleigh America MT-200 techinium MTB to friend and want some thoughts on fair pricing. Nice 19inch compact hard frame 4120 cro-mo rear and fork with 6061 techinium main tubes, 7 speed STX group with Sun US rims nice upgraded seat post seat, pedals and brakes, just OK tires with good cosmetics and nice clean lines.. Nicely set up, clean and ready to ride, Mainly selling because I have to admit it's a bit small for me and it would help a friend out. I will get it nicely cleaned up and touch up the paint before I part with it.

Last edited by zukahn1; 02-04-23 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-04-23, 12:19 PM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
Looks like a sweet ride and a good gravel grinder. Condition is very good and if you do a nice touch up on the major flaws it will be even better. If it were mine I'd be wanting around $200.00 for it, plus in a really good market and maybe a bit less in a crappy one. At that point I'd rather gift it to someone that could really use it.

The braze-ons in back make it possible to mount a rack and so it might even be possible to do some light bike packing on it.
Old 02-04-23, 01:41 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
One of those typical 1990a rigid frame MTBs. Not old enough to start having some valuable parts or collector interest, not new enough to attract MTB enthusiasts.

Bikes like this go to the recreational rider crowd (think cheapskates). It's all about your local market. In my area, I picked one up as a camping bike, a couple of models above this. Mine is probably a couple of years older, but same lugged frame/aluminum main tubes design. Mine came from the desert, so no rust but maximum paint fade. But it makes a fine camping bike.

I have picked up many 1980s MTBs in the greater Denver market at very low prices.

That Raleigh is a perfect college bike/commuter/MUP bike. Well, not quite perfect as I have had loads of problems with rapid fire shifters. But easy enough to replace. I replaced them on my Raleigh.

Last edited by wrk101; 02-04-23 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-04-23, 02:07 PM
Mr. 66

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 1140 Post(s)
Liked 1,736 Times in 957 Posts
$225 is what I would put on it, sell at $175 offer
Old 02-04-23, 03:46 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Originally Posted by wrk101
One of those typical 1990a rigid frame MTBs. Not old enough to start having some valuable parts or collector interest, not new enough to attract MTB enthusiasts.

Bikes like this go to the recreational rider crowd (think cheapskates). It's all about your local market. In my area, I picked one up as a camping bike, a couple of models above this. Mine is probably a couple of years older, but same lugged frame/aluminum main tubes design. Mine came from the desert, so no rust but maximum paint fade. But it makes a fine camping bike.

I have picked up many 1980s MTBs in the greater Denver market at very low prices.

That Raleigh is a perfect college bike/commuter/MUP bike. Well, not quite perfect as I have had loads of problems with rapid fire shifters. But easy enough to replace. I replaced them on my Raleigh.
Thanks for the reply as the rapid fires work great but are a bit heavy handed you have to force it a bit on some shifts or double shift. I will be selling this one to a friend as recreational light rider. My pricing is actually a bit lower than others for this sell at $150 pretty much the value of the nicer parts and a bit of work I got the bike for free out of a dumpster and have gotten several thousand nice ride miles out of it, so ;I'm good close to giving it away.
Old 02-04-23, 03:52 PM
zukahn1 

Originally Posted by TugaDude
Looks like a sweet ride and a good gravel grinder. Condition is very good and if you do a nice touch up on the major flaws it will be even better. If it were mine I'd be wanting around $200.00 for it, plus in a really good market and maybe a bit less in a crappy one. At that point I'd rather gift it to someone that could really use it.

The braze-ons in back make it possible to mount a rack and so it might even be possible to do some light bike packing on it.
It does have full braze on points for rack and fenders and enough clearance to run 2.10 nicely if it matter's.

Last edited by zukahn1; 02-04-23 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-11-23, 10:18 AM
zukahn1 

As a follow up I did sell this one for $120 friend price and the new owner is very happy with the bike it checks off all the things they wanted right size good cosmetics, nice riding basic bike with good brakes and gears that will be fairly easy to service find parts for somewhat cheap with bit of classic older appeal
Old 02-11-23, 06:21 PM
Clang

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked 2,254 Times in 1,311 Posts
Grats on passing it on to someone who will appreciate it. If the STX was OEM, then this is a 1994 since that's when the group debuted.
Old 02-11-23, 08:03 PM
Imaginos

Bikes: 1994 Raleigh MT200,,2022 Marin Four Corners ,1994 Cannondale T700,2019 Trek Domane SL7

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 269 Times in 77 Posts
I paid $200 for this MT200 a year ago. I think it’s a 94’. I put 1400 miles on it before I bought another bike and another bike. It’s an awesome bike still.

Likes For Imaginos: