Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

First outdoor February ride.....

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-23, 09:14 PM
beng1
Banned

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 348 Times in 195 Posts

It popped up above freezing yesterday after a few days close to zero-degrees, and the city streets happened to be free of ice and even most water/slush/mud so I got to skip the usual Fuji-on-the-mag-trainer routine and head outdoors for a nice meandering loop around town. There was so much salt dust on the roads it was turning the tires white on some parts of the ride, but after a few good rains it will all be washed off the roads and down into the Great Lakes, where the public gets it's water supply, so no problem. Stopped at a dumpster and found a nice tooled-leather tortoise-themed belt and a bonus fiberglass reflective marker which I like to use around the yard in the winter so the snow-plows don't destroy the lawn next to the streets. Stopped at a junk-shop and bought an old Stanley block plane for two-dollars. It was really nice to be out about on a bike again. I was amazed at how much pressure was in the bike's tires, they were as hard as rocks, as if they had not lost a pound since I last pumped them up. I wonder if it is the bulky metal valve-caps which have a seal inside them holding the air in extra well.

Likes For beng1:
Old 02-06-23, 09:16 PM
beng1
Banned

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 348 Times in 195 Posts
And boy that "LeToaster" rode like a charm, I just love this bike, wow.
Likes For beng1: