Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

New Bianchi Sprint!

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

New Bianchi Sprint!

Old 04-04-19, 07:57 AM
Pizzaiolo Americano 
Pizzaiolo Americano

Bikes: 2021 Trek Domane, Bianchi Intenso, Specialized Epic Evo, Surly Ice Cream Truck, Some other stuff

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked 140 Times in 69 Posts
New Bianchi Sprint!

I just saw the new Bianchi Sprint at my local dealer. It looks like a cross between the Aria and the Infinito (aero tubes but not as aggressive geometry) and comes with disk brakes. It is set to replace the Sempre Pro and should be out in the US relatively soon as well. Price for an Ultegra disk model was about 2500.00. And best of all, it actually comes in Celeste! I am going to ride it Saturday morning and will try to snap some pics for y 'all.
Old 04-04-19, 07:14 PM
02Giant 

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1638 Post(s)
Liked 741 Times in 495 Posts
Are you sure of the model?
I just looked on Bianchi's site, the Sprint is a single speed.
Old 04-04-19, 08:33 PM
redlude97

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 173 Posts
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv12WAeHkZI/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=n9fy8qwodzep
Old 04-04-19, 10:07 PM
GuitarBob
Kit doesn't match

Bikes: 5

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Old 04-05-19, 01:29 AM
Pizzaiolo Americano 
Pizzaiolo Americano

Bikes: 2021 Trek Domane, Bianchi Intenso, Specialized Epic Evo, Surly Ice Cream Truck, Some other stuff

Originally Posted by 02Giant
Are you sure of the model?
I just looked on Bianchi's site, the Sprint is a single speed.
Absolutely sure...I think there is a new Infinito as well. I will get a report and pics if I can tomorrow. I was wrong on the geometry. It is really close to the Aria...

​​​​​​https://www.bianchi.com/global/focuson/sprint-440837

Last edited by Pizzaiolo Americano; 04-05-19 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-05-19, 03:26 AM
pickled

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I saw a this on a tweet last night. It's almost exactly the bike I was waiting for! Would love to see some pics if you get them.
I'm not sure about all the tiny writing on the top tubes and forks though?
Old 04-05-19, 04:21 AM
Pizzaiolo Americano 
Pizzaiolo Americano

Originally Posted by pickled
I saw a this on a tweet last night. It's almost exactly the bike I was waiting for! Would love to see some pics if you get them.
I'm not sure about all the tiny writing on the top tubes and forks though?
It actually looks pretty good in person. Very understated...
Old 04-05-19, 10:10 AM
Caliwild

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 412 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 279 Posts
Looks good... I hope it's not as stiff as the Aria, which is great for racing but seemed a bit too harsh for weekend riding. The bigger tire clearance should help though...
Old 04-05-19, 10:32 AM
Caliwild

https://road.cc/content/tech-news/25...rint-road-bike
Old 04-10-19, 03:35 AM
pickled

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yarbrough462
I am going to ride it Saturday morning and will try to snap some pics for y 'all.
Did you snap some pics? Love to see some close ups!
Old 04-10-19, 12:38 PM
redlude97

Originally Posted by Caliwild
Looks good... I hope it's not as stiff as the Aria, which is great for racing but seemed a bit too harsh for weekend riding. The bigger tire clearance should help though...
Is the Aria that bad? I've been trying to decide between an oltre xr3 disc, aria disc, or now the new sprint disc. It would be primarily a crit/a-group bike but also used on some hilly centuries.
Old 04-10-19, 09:01 PM
MagicHour

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Hot looking bike, I was checking out the specs earlier. Let us know how it test rides.
Old 04-11-19, 03:07 AM
Pizzaiolo Americano 
Pizzaiolo Americano

Did you snap some pics? Love to see some close ups!
I got to ride the bike but, forgot to grab pics...My first impression is that it feels exactly like the Sempre Pro. That is to say it's a pretty harsh ride compared to the Infinito and Intenso but, that was expected due to its intended purpose (crit racing).
Old 04-11-19, 03:10 AM
pickled

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yarbrough462
I got to ride the bike but, forgot to grab pics...My first impression is that it feels exactly like the Sempre Pro. That is to say it's a pretty harsh ride compared to the Infinito and Intenso but, that was expected due to its intended purpose (crit racing).
Thanks, Can you remember if it was on 25's? Think I'd stick 28's on instead, should smooth things out.
Old 04-11-19, 03:12 AM
Pizzaiolo Americano 
Pizzaiolo Americano

Originally Posted by redlude97
Is the Aria that bad? I've been trying to decide between an oltre xr3 disc, aria disc, or now the new sprint disc. It would be primarily a crit/a-group bike but also used on some hilly centuries.
Bad is not the way I would rate the Aria but, it is not a comfort bike. The difference between it and the Sprint was not much honestly. I will probably end up with one or the other eventually to use on shorter rides.
Old 04-11-19, 03:24 AM
Pizzaiolo Americano 
Pizzaiolo Americano

Thanks, Can you remember if it was on 25's? Think I'd stick 28's on instead, should smooth things out.
28s I think. Not sure on pressure though. It was a bike off their demo truck. The stem was also pretty slammed. I would like to have had that set a bit higher but they were pretty busy.
Old 04-12-19, 10:15 AM
Caliwild

Originally Posted by redlude97
I test rode an Oltre XR1 (not CV), an Aria (not CV), an Oltre XR3 (has CV) and Infinito (has CV) and all I can say is that the counterveil (CV) really works. The Aria felt the harshest of the 4 I rode but it's intended to be stiff and fast, not comfortable. If you're going to do any centuries, I would stay away from it. Sounds like the Oltre XR3 may be the best option for you, but it's pricey. I ended up with an Infinito (I don't race) and am very happy with it. Your other option would be to get the new Sprint disc since it will have more tire clearance, allowing you to run more comfortable pressures when needed...
Old 04-12-19, 01:20 PM
redlude97

I test rode an Oltre XR1 (not CV), an Aria (not CV), an Oltre XR3 (has CV) and Infinito (has CV) and all I can say is that the counterveil (CV) really works. The Aria felt the harshest of the 4 I rode but it's intended to be stiff and fast, not comfortable. If you're going to do any centuries, I would stay away from it. Sounds like the Oltre XR3 may be the best option for you, but it's pricey. I ended up with an Infinito (I don't race) and am very happy with it. Your other option would be to get the new Sprint disc since it will have more tire clearance, allowing you to run more comfortable pressures when needed...
I'm already riding a 928 which was the predecessor to the Infinito. Its very cushy but not responsive enough and the HT is too tall for my size even slammed with a -17 stem. I think that leaves me with the sprint disc or selling a kidney for the XR3. I've got a gravel bike I use for casual rides so essentially this bike will be strictly a weekend go fast machine.
Old 09-29-22, 09:43 AM
Caliwild

Reviving an older thread but figured it's easier than starting a new one... Anyone ever get a Bianchi Sprint? Have a chance to get a 2021 Sprint with Force AXS and disc brakes for a good deal. Usually a Shimano guy but this may actually be a good bike... Any opinions would be welcomed...

https://www.bianchi.com/store/us_EN/...xs-12sp-8.html
Old 10-03-22, 02:04 PM
Caliwild

Oh well, I apparently didn't need any encouragement to go ahead and get the bike! I'll post photos once I take some....
Likes For Caliwild:
Old 10-03-22, 03:24 PM
msu2001la

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1455 Post(s)
Liked 1,477 Times in 867 Posts
It's pretty crazy that just 3 years ago you could get a carbon fiber disc brake road bike with 11sp Ultegra for $2500.
This bike is at least $1000 more now, if you can actually find one.
Old 10-04-22, 07:17 AM
Reflector Guy

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito XE, Via Nirone 7, GT Aggressor Pro

Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 1,271 Times in 588 Posts
Originally Posted by msu2001la
.... if you can actually find one.
+2

I want to move up to an Infinito, but no one has one, at least not that I've seen.

Oh well, I can keep riding my faithful Via Nirone.
Old 10-04-22, 04:06 PM
Caliwild

Originally Posted by Reflector Guy
+2

I want to move up to an Infinito, but no one has one, at least not that I've seen.

Oh well, I can keep riding my faithful Via Nirone.
Honestly, you can find one but you need to sit down for an hour and just call a bunch of shops... A lot of inventory does not show up on shop websites... Good luck!
Old 10-05-22, 09:32 AM
Reflector Guy

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito XE, Via Nirone 7, GT Aggressor Pro

Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 1,271 Times in 588 Posts
Honestly, you can find one but you need to sit down for an hour and just call a bunch of shops... A lot of inventory does not show up on shop websites... Good luck!
That is true.... And some shops just have the bare minimum of information on their websites (such as a link to the manufacturer's website for every brand they carry, but little else).

Bianchi apparently prohibits shops from shipping bikes which cost over a certain price point, so shops which do it anyway risk getting into hot water with the company. Or so I've been told.
Old 10-06-22, 09:23 AM
phrantic09
Fat n slow

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3247 Post(s)
Liked 2,074 Times in 974 Posts
This is what I had to do with my most recent bike purchase. I called every shop I could find in a 200 mile radius to see if they had what I wanted. Ended up finding one 3 hours away.
Likes For phrantic09:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.